When Obama came to office he maintained and/or strengthened all important right-wing policies.
1.On monetary policy exactly the same as Bush.
2. Dems and their supporters are aptly described as the main protector/enabler of wall street’s extraction of wealth from the middle-class.
3.On war-making, they stayed in Iraq .until forced by the Iraqis/American People to leave and escalated to 122, 000 active combat troops from under 100,000 for Bush.
4. They have, legislatively, made Afghanistan a forever war. Approaching 2 trillion in costs. Those costs made permanent.
5.They have showered the military industrial complex with continuously escalating riches.
6.They have redefined war, to allow the slaughter of all as long as Americans don’t die.
7. They have redefined casualties of war to, by example, exclude 70,000 Libyan men, women and children. They have ingrained this policy by legislation requiring that we not acknowledge any deaths from our bombs we are, presently, dropping in Iraq/Syria.
8. The Huff Post, the Dems most important propaganda tool, is really just a stenographer for, warmongering AP. If you can stomach reading the Huff Post, you are a hard core Democrat partisan. You need therapy to jolt you from your right wing delusion.
9.They have decreased the tax burden on the wealthy/corporations while increasing the burdens on average Americans.
10. The real question- has the Obama Administration employed anyone who is not from wall street. who is that person, what have they accomplished?
11. Trying to out-do Bill Clinton as A corporate shill, Obama is raising his NAFTA bid with a Trans Pacific Trade reaming that will stop our kids/grand-kids from undoing what we have bound them to- you can not break or alter a trade pact and/or security pact. There are indications that our children/ grand children, the 30 and unders have rejected both parties in favor of the facts and common sense. This generation must do their duty to their corporate masters and bind the next generation to wars/warmaking(afagn) and corporate fidelity they have implemented- nutured, the declining standard of living they have assured, their loyalty oaths to MSNBC and the Huff Post must be maintained- the next generation must be stopped from altering what we have wrought.
12. Dems have enacted legislation that allows the the Government to kill any American without Judicial due process. Like the redefinition of war, casualties- due process is just given a new meaning that takes dissolves that civil liberty not to be killed by your government without some ability to challenge your assassination. Orwell.
13. I could go on to 100 and not labor at all.
14Unprecedented assault on whistle-blowers.
15. Unprecedented assault on journalists/ the truth
If you ever voted for Obama or Democrats you are the intended recipient of this open letter. If you are forwarding hopeful diaries directed at what the Dems might do, that Obama is talking about the middle class(better late than never), ect yeah! your part of the problem not the cure.
Obama forwarded as a young man of color who against all odds climbed to the world’s highest office solely by by the content of his character and brilliance, a feat that should inspire every and all Americans and the world. If the democrat herd would have put out the slightest bit of effort it would have revealed a very articulate young man of privilege travelling to Europe and the world being groomed for high office. A man who received his first job from Henry Kissinger, A man whose deep political connections got him into Harvard and into the politically not academically achieved position as President of Harvard Law. His immediate elevation into the machine did not have the sheep asking a single question– just hope because they knew how effective their hope had been at making meaningful progress.
Then the sheep got what they deserved for their lack of due diligence, coupled with their lack of any effective demands and receiving no assurances of any progressive progress, nothing! The first things I remember from Obama after his election were: that federal employee’s retirement was a big problem and he was taking action to remedy that and That Social Security and Medicare caid were on the table to be cut- two weeks before he took office. Since then he has engaged in right-wing policies and hiring practices at every opportunity.
I remember posting against his policies/actions after/before his election and being branded by many on this site as hating him because he was black. That shielded Obama for years and when it became overwhelming apparent that he was Bush, they were forced to shut their pie-holes, but that did little to mitigate the damage of their unquestioning fidelity to “the one bringing hope”. Now, at the stroke of midnight, we are subjected to Obama’s worn-out rhetoric one more time in his state of the union. As in his campaign rhetoric of “08 he has immediately moved farther to the right after election doubling down on his efforts for the 1 % with his advocacy for Trns pacific sell out of workers/ global empowerment of multi-national corporations and his advocacy for a fairer tax code for those multi-national corporations to continue working in the interest of workers/ the middle-class by shifting the tax burden from Corps. Obama pleads for an Authorization on Iraq/Syria that will allow the war to become permanent allow us to continue and escalate the money that we send over seas to build our communities here at home.
Yes, I have no respect for those who have voted for dems starting with the Corporatist Bill Clinton through the Obama years. That some of the brain-dead have had some sort of an epiphany, as of late, after devotedly voting for dems is the same thing as – running your car into me at a 4-way stop at which I had been advocating for stop signs because there are three wrecks a week there. instead of reasonably advocating for stop signs you assert it is racist to challenge the lack of stop signs and now admit that it was right to advocate for them in the first place . Nice, but it does not mitigate the damage that you caused by your careless, uninformed at best, vote, your lack of desire or effort to access the basic reality of facts to reasonably support your belief that your vote , against stop signs,would do some good and not even have a requirement that the facts would support your vote- just Hope was sufficient. the definition of being a sheep.
That would be all good and well, except for the delusion that you have no part, no responsibility in what your vote has wrought. You are a democrat. incapable of change. For you I have the Lybia Award that sums up what your apathy, at best, has helped support. This is one of 70,000 victims of your vote( sorry could not find the Libyan Boy missing his jaw but still alive-very moving). see Video, that child is no longer here thanks to your vote. But the child is here to help you understand the burden of your vote- if for a second people were moral enough to equate that child to a child of theirs or next door we could end war, we don’t even come close Madeliene Albright- pillar of the democrat establishment slaughter of 500,000 children in a single outing- her position supported, forwarded, advocated for those who supported Dems, by their vote.
I will never, ever, ever even remotely support that evil, others can answer for why they did/do. Why it wasn’t ’important enough to not vote for?
That would be the equivalent of a vote to sell my soul.