Folks, how are all of you this day?
12 years ago, infamy was here.
40 years ago, infamy was in Chile.
What matters is not where we were, but how we responded to it.
Fatster has “decided to stop posting,” so I’ll temporarily keep posting these days. Feel free to add with your own news as I’m not the quality worker as Fatster was.
- Big five (US, Russia, China, Britain, and France) all met with one another to discuss the situation in Syria. “The three Western powers are now trying to combine various drafts to come up with one they all can agree on before presenting it to Russia and China. “I think we’ll come to an agreement (among the three Western powers),” a diplomat from one of the three nations said on condition of anonymity.”
-Meanwhile, Iran and US are set to engage in physical talks soon, perhaps after President Hassan Rouhani comes on Sept. 24th to address the UN. For this huge move, the discussion of Syria is definitely going to impact discussion.
- Four men, who raped and murdered a woman in India in December of last year, have been found guilty on the charges against them. Death sentence seems “inevitable” according to one government official.
- Here we go again. Someone call Rodman. Images in North Korea indicate that there they are restarting their “Yongbyon nuclear complex.”
- Why? Documents show NSA now shares documents of US individuals with Israel. “The 2009 document, a memorandum of understanding between the NSA and its Israeli counterpart, says the U.S. government regularly hands over intercepted communications that have not first been reviewed by U.S. analysts and therefore may contain phone calls and emails of American citizens”
-Facebook in contact with Federal Trade Commission over their rules to have names, photos and personal info used for ads. The lines are being erased.
- What Wall Street wants, Wall Street gets. Apple stock tumbles down 5 cents after they do not “deliver a cheaper iPhone.”
- House Republicans have delayed their vote over Obamacare and separate spending bills. No one is sure if that makes it better or worse knowing what will happen for, what was it, the 41st time?
- Meanwhile, in Day 4 of the AFL-CIO conference, they passed a resolution that stated Obamacare “will drive up the costs of union-sponsored health plans to the point that workers and employers are forced to abandon them. Labor unions still support the law’s overall goals of reducing health costs and bringing coverage to all Americans, the resolution says, but adds that the law is being implemented in a way that is “highly disruptive” to union health care plans.”
- Dangerous for his future career. Weiner continues controversy even after loss after “flipping off” a NBC reporter after his speech.
- Other news, Eliot Spitzer lost in the primaries to Scott Stringer.
-Doctor Shiping Bao, who testified in the Zimmerman case, has sued Florida for $100 million after he remarked both sides “threw the case.”
- “ Many schools will have fewer speech, occupational or physical therapists, along with social workers and school psychologists, which means students who previously received speech therapy twice a week might only receive it once week, for example. And in some general education classrooms that had two teachers – one for the whole class and one specifically to support students with special needs – the special education teacher has been eliminated.” How the sequester has affected special education.
Health, Homelessness and Housing
- We’re seeing real, bold changes in Richmond, California due to the government there. They’re taking underwater mortgages under their control and away from the banks.
- Water found in drought-ridden Kenya. Potential to affect Kenya’s future is high.
- “The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has granted the first ever LNG export permit license to Dominion Resources, Inc. to export gas obtained from the controversial hydraulic fracturing (“fracking”) process in the Marcellus Shale basin.” Just great.
- Justice can be made. 40 years ago, a coup was made. Today, justice has already been served to the criminals.
- Benghazi is so important to Americans, 10 random individuals were in front of Capitol Hill as their representatives!
Photo by Olle Svennson released under a Creative Commons license.