DEMOCRATS LEARNING WRONG LESSON FROM MASSACHUSETTS?
EVEN SCOTT BROWN VOTERS WANT THE PUBLIC OPTION, WANT DEMOCRATS TO BE BOLDER
"In an election between Scott Brown and the public option, the public option would have won."
- Charles Chamberlain, political director of Democracy for America
HEALTH CARE BILL OPPONENTS THINK IT "DOESN’T GO FAR ENOUGH"
* by 3 to 2 among Obama voters who voted for Brown
* by 6 to 1 among Obama voters who stayed home
(18% of Obama supporters who voted supported Brown.)
VOTERS OVERWHELMINGLY SUPPORT THE PUBLIC OPTION
* 82% of Obama voters who voted for Brown
* 86% of Obama voters who stayed home
OBAMA VOTERS WANT DEMOCRATS TO BE BOLDER
* 57% of Brown voters say Obama "not delivering enough" on change he promised
* 49% to 37% among voters who stayed home
If you read more of the poll you will find these voters overwhelmingly preferred economic populism over centrism.
Also if you have a kossack account recommend this diary in orange please.
Maybe the centrist shills will consider retirement for once.