A couple things I came across today out there on the world wide web:
1. Earlier Jane posted the video of John Oliver getting schooled by Stephen Hawking. Well, here’s Oliver schooling us on the racism that is the Washington Redskins’ mascot.
2. Hillary Clinton, a profile in courage:
Hillary Clinton: Yale law school graduate, high powered attorney, eight-year White House resident, Senator from New York, Secretary of State. A woman who has received the very best education, politicked at the very highest levels, and seen more of the world than most of us ever will. The very model of worldly sophistication. So, Mrs. Clinton, what book led you down this path of steely-eyed realism?
New York Times: If you had to name one book that made you who you are today, what would it be?
Hillary Clinton: At the risk of appearing predictable, the Bible was and remains the biggest influence on my thinking. I was raised reading it, memorizing passages from it and being guided by it. I still find it a source of wisdom, comfort and encouragement.
Sure, sure. How do you feel about bald eagles, though?
As digby says, it used to be political philosophers but George W. took a hard Christian right turn. Now Clinton panders along behind.
3. And here’s the GOP with a scintillating anti-Clinton campaign ad that sorta kinda kneecaps Jeb Bush:
This simulacrum of an ESPN ad, replete with a life-size squirrel mascot or something, is supposed to warm viewers to the Republican National Committee’s new campaign against Hillary Clinton, i.e. a retired woman who hasn’t announced she’s running for anything. But if—if!—Clinton runs for president in two years, what with her high approval ratings, the GOP will have succeeded in letting you know where it stands
4. Wonkette “started an awesome petition to get Eric Cantor on Dancing With The Stars.”
5. And to send you off to bed with a chuckle – and having a laugh at the Toilet Paper Kings’ expense is never a bad thing: