StopCartel TV broadcasts live from Athens, Greece weeknights @ 6 pm Athens time. The following post is a loose transcript of the July 25, 2012 broadcast.
By greydogg and snake arbusto, 99GetSmart
- Dictatorship is alive and well in Greece and it is executing the country. The local and foreign loan sharks control the mass media and are ratcheting up the fear factor. They are trying to manipulate the thinking and emotions of the citizens by terrifying them into accepting more austerity measures and the privatization of public assets. By repeatedly stating that they are afraid Greece will go bankrupt in weeks or months, the government-of-the-regime hopes to paralyze people with fear in an effort to get them to accept that there is only one way for Greece, even though that way will end in catastrophe. The foreign and local loan sharks of the Troika, the industrialists and multinational corporations are executing the entire nation by ensuring bankruptcy.
And all the while, not one word is ever mentioned about the super-profits Germany makes off Greece’s monthly interest payments.
The Greek people must realize that the crisis is deepening ever day. The so-called Prime Minister of Greece, Antonis Samaras, lies to the public without hesitation. Samaras says Greece will renegotiate when it’s stronger and in a more powerful position to do so. How does he expect a stronger, more powerful Greece AFTER he sells off all public assets to foreign interests for pennies on the euro?
The reality is that the Greek government-of-the-regime that is controlling the lives of the Greek people is semi-dead and lives in fear. We are coming to the most critical phase of this war against us. Let’s rise up and take back our lives and control of our government!
- EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso will meet with Prime Minister Antonis Samaras today in Athens to discuss Greece’s progress with the terms of the Memorandum. His last visit was in June 2009. There have been 13 subsequent inspections.
According to Athens News:
Mr. Samaras and President Barroso… will discuss the overall situation in Europe and obviously particularly focusing on Greece,” EU Commission spokesman Alejandro Ulzurrun told reporters.
Barroso’s trip will coincide with a visit by EU/IMF inspectors to assess whether Athens deserves to receive more payments under the 130-billion-euro rescue program, as speculation mounts that Greece could be forced to quit the euro zone.
Barroso’s visit to Athens plays a direct role in the psychological manipulation of the Greek people by imposing fresh directives to the puppet regime. Once again, the official threats state that Greece will not get the next infusion of cash unless the directives of the Memorandum are fulfilled. There will be no renegotiations. Barroso is in Athens to make it clear that there is no other way than to accept the ruthless terms of the Troika.
- On Wednesday afternoon, a phone call tipped off authorities to a bomb threat at the Ministry of Finance. The building was immediately evacuated and searched. Nothing was found.
A similar situation occurred at the Regional Court of Halandri, it was reported.
- According to an official report from the Greek administration, 190,000 small businesses will close this year due to the recession and austerity measures imposed by the international community. Another 260,000 people will be left unemployed.
- In view of the upcoming visit by the Troika’s clerks, the Ministers of Health and Labor announced to the public what cuts they will propose.
Of the €11.5 billion to be cut from the budget, the Minister of Labor proposed €5 billion in cuts. Main pensions will have a ceiling of €2,000 a month. This means that the government-of-the-regime is planning to cut pensions that pensioners have paid for entirely by themselves, with no government subsidies! The Minister of Labor will also cut social subsidies to Greek families with handicapped children.
The Minster of Health announced cuts of €300 million next year and another €300 the following year. The Ministry of Health will also establish a ceiling on medicine, allowing only a limited lifetime allowance for medication.
- The steelworkers from the Hellenic Halyvourgias Steel Mill in Aspropyrgos will hold an assembly on Friday and Saturday to make decisions about their strike. They are also scheduled to meet with the Minister of Labor on Friday.
- About 400 workers from Skaramangas shipyard held a rally and march last week. The workers are protesting their current schedule of work – one day per week. They are requesting an end to the ‘rotation work principle’ and demanding the back pay owed to them. The company’s management is refusing to accept requests to revoke the rotation work principle, where everyone works one day a week.
The strike will continue through Friday. On Monday, the shipyard will close again. A general meeting will be held by the workers to decide on their next course of action.
- The Hellenic Sugar Industry S.A. was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Thessaloniki, Greece. The HSI workers’ union is protesting the sale of this profitable state-controlled company to private foreign interests. They maintain that the 5 factories could not only cover local consumption, but could increase production for export. The workers are demanding to be spared from the politics of disaster capitalism.
Information is the backbone of the effort to liberate ourselves, not just in Greece or Europe, but the whole world. Independent media is an extremely important conduit of unfiltered information. We must build and support a network of information in order to succeed.
Please consider contributing:
ONGOING FUNDRAISER FOR StopCartel Livestream from Athens: http://99getsmart.com/?p=3667
StopCartel TV broadcasts live from Athens, Greece on weeknights at 6pm Athens time @ http://www.livestream.com/stopcarteltvgr