Today’s musical selection is “The Truth” by Dr. Dog, from the album B-Room.
Though written in the lurid language one would expect from The Sun, I thought this story of a teenage couple born who were each born the opposite gender from the one they identify with today was sweet & a sign of growing acceptance:
‘Being transgender myself, I understand Arin better than anybody else — how good he feels and how complete he feels.’
The teens now love to go swimming and sunbathing together like other couples.
Both their families are supportive of their relationship and say the way the teenagers, from Tulsa in the US, have supported each other has helped in their transition.
- Please review our About Us page if you need a refresher on site rules, and
- We encourage you to use our flag system — if you see an abusive comment, user or post, please flag it rather than replying. We review every flag and take the best action available to us.
- If you have questions or concerns about Firedoglake-specific issues, please limit their discussion to Watercooler posts rather than starting new posts or making off-topic comments in others. But remember,
- Firedoglake editors and staff are not allowed to comment on any moderation decisions.
- You can link back to your blog, but please cross post entire articles and not just excerpts.
It’s an open conversation in the comments. What’s on your mind?
Photo by Emily Allen released under a Creative Commons license.