1der commented on the blog post What the US Media’s Celebration of Protesting RT Anchors Conveniently Ignores
Ashleigh Banfield – Landon Lecture
Kansas State University
April 24, 2003
MSNBC demoted and eventually fired Ashleigh Banfield for saying:
- I can’t tell you how bad the civilian casualties were. I saw a couple of pictures. I saw French television pictures, I saw a few things here and there, but to truly understand what war is all about you’ve got to be on both sides. You’ve got to be a unilateral, someone who’s able to cover from outside of both front lines, which, by the way, is the most dangerous way to cover a war, which is the way most of us covered Afghanistan. There were no front lines, they were all over the place. They were caves, they were mountains, they were cobbled, they were everything. But we really don’t know from this latest adventure from the American military what this thing looked like and why perhaps we should never do it again.
- As a journalist I’m often ostracized just for saying these messages, just for going on television and saying, “Here’s what the leaders of Hezbullah are telling me and here’s what the Lebanese are telling me and here’s what the Syrians have said about Hezbullah. Here’s what they have to say about the Golan Heights.” Like it or lump it, don’t shoot the messenger, but invariably the messenger gets shot.
- I’m a journalist and I like to be able to tell the story as I see it, and I hate it when someone tells me I’m one-sided. It’s the worst I can hear. Fox has taken so many viewers away from CNN and MSNBC because of their agenda and because of their targeting the market of cable news viewership, that I’m afraid there’s not a really big place in cable for news. Cable is for entertainment, as it’s turning out, but not news.
- I’m hoping that I will have a future in news in cable, but not the way some cable news operators wrap themselves in the American flag and patriotism and go after a certain target demographic, which is very lucrative.
- Well, all of this has to do with what you’ve seen on Fox and its successes. So I do urge you to be very discerning as you continue to watch the development of cable news, and it is changing like lightning. Be very discerning because it behooves you like it never did before to watch with a grain of salt and to choose responsibly, and to demand what you should know.
1der commented on the blog post New York Times Reporter In Effect Smears Russia Today Anchor Who Spoke Out Against Russia
Hey now, the style of the graduates of the Charles Krauthammer (Dr. Psychiatrist Krauthammer to be respectful) School of Journalism can see into Putin’s soul and pick a rune. So why not, anybody who disagrees with me must be crazy or a socialist (Lord Grantham doesn’t see a difference). ‘Cause Krauthammer is a doctor and knows that Obama is living in a fantasy world (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/372446/krauthammers-take-obama-living-fantasy-world-nro-staff).
Mainstream journalism (used loosely)is a blood sport. In with the in crowd, every week is pledge week so punch a hippie add some points, both sides do it. Happy Hour!
Nothing to worry about Dem leadership has a plan, just ask Barbara Buono. Dem leaders inspire GOTV efforts: Wasserman-Schultz doesn’t listen to any “progressive crap”, Pelosi dismisses “advocates” because they are one issue voters and don’t understand that leaders have to lead, and “The World’s Most Deliberative Body” is above politics.
Hat tip to Jason Jones: “In Russia they have a saying – Don’t be a pussy.”
Dems: Don’t be pussies.
Now there’s Hope for Change.
1der commented on the diary post Ira Chernus: What Ever Happened to Plain Old Apocalypse? by Tom Engelhardt.
Well, some of them will. If they embed themselves with tribes that know how to farm, hunt and gather, build with the materials at hand and not eat the fattest in the lean season.
1der commented on the diary post Saturday Art: Orgasmic Meditation: But Don’t Call It Sex by wendydavis.
In the ’80′s my group of friends would meet almost weekly for “massage parties”, much like Daedon’s meetups. 2 masseuse would “give” to the friend on the table. Led by a psychotherapist it usually wasn’t long before clothes were off. Drifting from Osho’s ashram discoveries to tribe.net and a group to fit every kink Daedon’s [...]
January 21, 2014 RELEASE 14-024 NASA Finds 2013 Sustained Long-Term Climate Warming Trend NASA scientists say 2013 tied with 2009 and 2006 for the seventh warmest year since 1880, continuing a long-term trend of rising global temperatures. With the exception of 1998, the 10 warmest years in the 134-year record all have occurred since 2000, with [...]
Curl should quit blowing smoke up his readers a…s and take on this writers “hoax”: http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/130312/clapper.pdf Worldwide Threat Assessment of the US Intelligence Community Senate Select Committee on Intelligence James R. Clapper Director of National Intelligence March 12, 2013 Climate Change and Demographics Food security has been aggravated partly because the world’s land masses are being affected [...]
An 84 year old who likely would be beaten by my 4 year old neighbor in a foot race is a terrorist who is a threat to the Homeland and to these guys who stand the first line of defense against alQaeda cells wanting to take our nukes: A U.S. general who oversaw nuclear weapons was [...]
1der commented on the blog post Billionaire To Use $100 Million To Help Climate Change Candidates; Scientist Says All Is Lost
Whether you believe Lovelock or Hansen or whomever – the genuine consensus is climate change is not going to be prevented even if we could still prevent it.
The risk of not believing them isn’t one I want to take. The talk, talk without addressing the primary cause – too many people using too few resources. With the predictable increase of people and continuing decrease in resources the breaking point will come as famine, disease and death on an enormous scale.
Scarlett: Oh, I can’t let him go! I can’t! There must be some way to bring him back. I can’t think about this now. I’ll go crazy if I do! I’ll think about it tomorrow. But I must think about it. I must think about it. What is there to do? What is there that matters? Do you mean to tell me, Katie Scarlett O’Hara that Tara doesn’t mean anything to you? Why, land’s the only thing that matters. It’s the only thing that lasts. Something you love better than me, though you may not know it. Tara. It’s this from which you get your strength. The red earth of Tara. Why, land’s the only thing that matters. It’s the only thing that lasts. Something you love better than me, though you may not know it. Tara. From which you get your strength. The red earth of Tara. Why, land’s the only thing that matters. Something you love better than me. The red earth of Tara. Tara! Tara! Tara! Home! I’ll go home! And I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all tomorrow is another day.
- There’s joking and drinking at the St. Regis Hotel ballroom Saturday night. Party on Garth. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/02/i-crashed-a-wall-street-secret-society.html
Being the last to starve, holding all the cards, and into greatness! Assholes and fools.
1der commented on the blog post Was It Really ‘Human Error’ That Had a Malaysian Doctoral Student Put on the No Fly List?
Also too, this from Stewart Baker’s guarding the Homeland Dayz:
Traitor, wants alQaeda to win.
1der commented on the blog post Was It Really ‘Human Error’ That Had a Malaysian Doctoral Student Put on the No Fly List?
Well if you ask former NSA Counsel Stewart Baker the government shouldn’t disclose anything because the terrorists win. http://www.democracynow.org/2014/2/14/debate_was_snowden_justified_former_nsa
And it’s that traitor Snowden’s fault that we’ll all (all 325 million of us) be dead tomorrow.
1der commented on the blog post General Clapper Labels Journalists Snowden’s ‘Accomplices’
James Clapper has been in the national intelligence field his entire 50 year career.
- “In 2003, Clapper, then head of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, attempted to explain the absence of WMD’s in Iraq by asserting that the weapons materials were “unquestionably” shipped out of Iraq to Syria and other countries just before the American invasion, a “personal assessment” which Clapper’s own agency head at the time, David Burpee, “could not provide further evidence to support.”
- “In an interview on December 20, 2010 with Diane Sawyer of ABC News, Clapper indicated he was completely unaware that twelve alleged would-be terrorists had been arrested in Great Britain earlier in the day.”
- “In February, 2011, when mass demonstrations were bringing down Mubarak’s presidency in Egypt, Clapper told a House Intelligence Committee hearing that:
“The term ‘Muslim Brotherhood’…is an umbrella term for a variety of movements, …
The Obama administration took the rare step later that day of correcting its own intelligence chief after the statement drew scrutiny among members of Congress.
- “In March 2011, Clapper was heard at the United States Senate Committee on Armed Services and commented on the 2011 Libyan civil war saying that “over the longer term” Gaddafi “will prevail.” This position was loudly questioned by the White House…”
Genius. One of the richest regions in Our Great Land of Opportunity surrounds and includes Washington, DC, the world’s center. Are we getting what we’re paying for? In the Real World that isn’t DC or Wall Street (or JP Morgan/Chase) Clapper would be looking for another line of work. Or probably not, failure and incompetency is rewarded nowadays. The lower 48 can’t legalize marijuana fast enough.
1der commented on the blog post Latest Debt Limit Threats are Pure Political Theater
Yeah, well trusting this Administration and Congress is a fools game for the gullible. To keep the “Right” Americans in his corner with his fake NSA restrictions he’ll have to give them something of substance.
Our Best and Brightest know what they do. The CIA psychologists knew they sanctioned torture, Guantanamo docs know they violate their oath, drone pilots know they kill innocents, the Generals know why soldiers suffer with PTSD, the State Department knows human beings needs. Returning some to the stone age, purposefully. Evil knows its name. Fucks.
Shorter POTUS: “I’m the boss and if you don’t give me the answer I want to hear then I’ll find someone who will. Now shut up and go shopping.”
Would add that the consensus building – we can work together – uniter may have also had an impact at the polls with the low information voter who heard there was no difference between the two sides, but knew neither was the “liberal/socialists” who were wrecking “my family and friends lives.”
Wise and worldly leaders, as Putin sees it the problem is that we don’t have enough people to sell cheap plastic crap to and fish the last fish for.
A privacy advocate without power is our representative in the room without agency. Binney suggested what I heard was more of an IG auditor with subpoena power, properly funded, independent from the other 2 branches and reporting to our representatives. The only way to check Cheney’s Unitary Executive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitary_executive_theory) is with a tattooed big stick of Article I Section 8.
1der commented on the blog post Snowden’s Case For Asylum Strengthens As US Officials Tell Press They Want To Murder Him
Not all Special Ops go for the gun first. And it’s easy to find while hanging out with these guys or with retirees at gun shows and reunions many who take the American Legion view, but for shit’s sake “reporters” please stop indulging their Jack Bauer fantasies.
Shortly after Clinton’s election bumper stickers with “Lee Harvey where are you when we need you?” started showing up in my Blue State. And with hard evidence of a war crime there’s this: HAGERSTOWN, Md., Aug. 17 2004 – The Army reservist (Joe Darby) who tipped off investigators to abuse of Iraqi detainees at Abu Ghraib prison by his fellow soldiers is in protective military custody because of death threats, family members said on Tuesday.
The reservist, Specialist Joseph M. Darby, 24, received the threats after his role in the scandal was publicly revealed in May, http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/18/national/18reservist.html
The Blue Wall of unspoken team protection for law breakers and law makers. If you kiss and tell you’re a rat, a snitch, turncoat, informant. The pay back is finding yourself “sleeping with the fishes.”
Playing ninja soldier assassin, what all boys do, and do, and do. Throwing popcorn at a retired cop (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2538812/Gunman-shoots-husband-dead-injures-wife-dispute-texting-movie-Florida-theater.html) or cutting off another driver (http://ajmacdonaldjr.wordpress.com/2014/01/10/road-rage-murder-in-pennsylvania/), The Lone Survivor and Wild West Justice in a civilized world. One step forward 2 steps back.
- Load More