I was a felony criminal defense lawyer in solo practice for 30 years specializing in forensics and the death penalty. I split my practice approximately 50-50 between federal and state courts. I switched to teaching law in 2005, and have taught Legal Research and Writing I and II, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Torts II, Wrongful Convictions, Prisoner’s Rights, and Trial Advocacy.
In November, 2007, I blew the whistle on the Dean and Assistant Dean, owners of the Barkley School of Law, a privately owned for profit start-up school Paducah, KY where I was employed as an Associate Professor. They were running the school as a Ponzi scheme skimming student loan proceeds for living expenses that were wired into the school’s general operating account by the lender, Student Loan Express. The school is now defunct and mired in bankruptcy litigation. I have been looking for other employment without success and am now a member of the 99ers, who have exhausted their unemployment benefits and been consigned to starvation and ruin by President Obama and the Congress.
I did not expect a ticker tape parade and the key to Paducah for being a whistleblower, but this is ridiculous.
|Issues I care about||
1. Restoring the supremacy of the United States Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Rule of Law.
2. Investigation and prosecution of everyone in the Bush-Cheney and Obama-Biden administrations responsible for initiating and conducting aggressive wars without justification in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other nations, kidnapping, rendition, and torture of innocent people and people suspected of terrorist activity in violation of international law.
3. Repeal of the Authorization to Use Military Force, the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the law retroactively immunizing the telecommunications companies for their unlawful surveillance of American citizens.
4. Repeal FISA.
5. End the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, bring the troops home, and close all military bases in foreign countries.
6. Replace Obamacare with universal single-payer health care.
7. Investigate and prosecute the banks and everyone responsible for Forfeiture Gate.
8. Break-up the insolvent big banks.
9. President Obama needs to resign immediately or announce that he will not seek reelection in 2012.
10. Abolish the Department of Homeland Security and government spying on its citizens.
11. In order to reduce the disparity of income and wealth in the United States, raise taxes on the rich, lower taxes on the middle class, and do not tax the poor .
12. Restore the Golden Rule to preeminence and establish a government that practices it by creating jobs instead of incentivizing corporation job outsourcing and financial ruin.
13. Corporations are not people and they do not have First Amendment rights.
14. Public financing of elections.
15. Elimination of electronic voting.
16. Amnesty, release from prison, and full restoration of civil rights for people serving time for non-violent drug offenses.
17. Eliminate the $106, 600 taxable income cap on social security, double the social security benefits, include the cost of food and gas in calculating the COLA, and decrease the eligibility age to 60.
18. Enact EFCA and rescind the free trade agreements.
Supremacy of the Golden Rule, anti-war and people oriented.