51-State Sticky Greens Stoners-for-Stein Strategy: Magic Map & Ganja Goo Guide to Grow Jack & Elect Jill in November 2012 — by NormanB (“Deviations from the Norm”)
***(Jill’s out of Jail and in Georgia! Support her today and this week. We Need You Now! Please help me spread this as much as you can, as fast as you can. We’re running out of time!)***
A [Howard] Zinn koan: “If people could see that Change comes about as a result of millions of tiny acts that seem totally insignificant, well then they wouldn’t hesitate to take those tiny acts.” https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=440807809270872&set=a.194724580545864.46567.107699875915002&type=1&theater
A sip of Margaret Mead: “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
(1) A month ago, it seemed there was little chance that the Jill Stein For President campaign would get Matching Funds from the Federal Government’s $3-that-won’t-raise-your-Income-Tax program: No Green Presidential candidate had ever done so before, and to get there, she would need to receive at least $5,000 in donations from at least twenty states: It seemed nearly impossible, because with six days left, she only had nine states completed. At first as an experiment, I looked at a state that had given very little money, and, according to stereotypes, might not want Jill Stein: Texas: So, I wrote to Marijuana reformers in Texas, and they quickly came up with the $5,000! Then I tried New Mexico and Arizona pot heads. Same result. Oregon. Washington. Colorado. Same. Same. Same. No Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Florida and Virginia/DC and North Carolina, but lots of pot smokers: They all came up with the money fast.
And so Jill Stein just became the first Green Presidential nominee in history to attain the Matching Funds, an amazing feat. So, here I sit, just one person, who has made a difference. Can you imagine how far Jill Stein can go if we get lots and lots of people working like that? Well, I’m here to tell you how we can do just that. If we, the Marijuana voters, work together, we can win this Presidential Election, and win it big! The Green Revolution is going global! Let’s have a party! Let’s have a Green Party! After all “Marijuana Michael” – Michael “Bhang Bong” Phelps – just became the most decorated Medalist in the history of the Olympic Games: A great swimmer with great lungs.
And that case of all the states coming up with the money when it was needed made me remember how one person had also made a big difference two years ago, when Jill Stein was running for Governor of Massachusetts on the Green Rainbow Party ticket: I wrote a Rock Opera and performed it at the University of Massachusetts. Jill Stein opened for me. Afterward, she rose about ten points in the polls versus incumbent Governor Deval Patrick, who actually changed his busy schedule and came to UMass the same day at the same time to try to upstage us. Nothing doing: Our Opera blew his yawn event out of the water, attendance-wise, and enthusiasm-wise. From my FireDogLake.com story at the time: “I called Jill’s Field Director to tell him about her rise in the UMass poll, and he shocked me by telling me that this Rock Opera was her most-attended campaign function. What?! Why didn’t I do ten times as much? Why didn’t ten people do ten times as much? One person with no money writes some poems, and that’s the biggest event? I don’t get it.” Hey out there! Help me out! Don’t make me do it all by myself again this time too! http://my.firedoglake.com/normanb/2010/10/22/governor-deval-patrick-politely-declines-to-open-for-my-rock-opera-at-umass-thats-cool-jill-still-will/
Right now, things are desperate, dire, and in doubt. Right now, Today and for the next few, we need to work very hard and fast. Regressive repressive anti-ballot access laws threaten to keep Jill Stein off the ballot in the very places where she would likely be the strongest. Many or most people don’t vote because of the lack of choice, but the opportunity to choose Jill Stein could inspire millions of people to register. Now is our chance to Get Up/Stand Up/Occupy our own Freedom. Just go ahead and do it, because we’re in a big long struggle. As Jamaican dub poet Mutabaruka told us in way back 1986: http://www.ireggae.com/dispoem.htm
“dis poem is long cannot be short”
“dis poem is now ringin talkin irritatin
makin u want to stop it
but dis poem will not stop”
Remember that: Not only can it be done; it must be done; it cannot be stopped. The Marijuana movement was strong enough to get it Medically Legalized in all those 20 states, strong enough to get Legislative propositions up in 20 states, and strong enough to get Marijuana on the ballot in eleven states this year! Our Power is hidden, but it is Gigantic.
Welcome to the Sticky Green Revolution. This is the Green Revolution, the cool change that we’ve dreamed of and waited for all our lives. We’ve got to get back to the Garden. Prohibition Repeal is at hand. Sisters and brothers, we who believe in peace and love and freedom, we protectors of Mother Earth, we Hemp reformers, and Marijuana users and growers and movers, and Cannabusiness people: We are about to take over this country. Human Rights activists, college students, Occupiers, the unnoticed Hippie movement, the Rainbow Family, the Underground Economy, Dead-Phish, and reform-minded voters are in a position to overturn Cannabis Prohibition the very same way our foreparents overthrew Alcohol Prohibition eighty years ago: By electing a Prohibition Repeal President. Then it was Franklin D. Roosevelt. Now, it is Dr. Jill Stein, MD. (For more information about how Prohibition was Repealed and how we can use the same tactics now, dig this: http://my.firedoglake.com/normanb/2012/06/25/the-magic-map-says-43-states-want-pot-reform-but-the-clock-says-just-4-days-left-to-repeal-prohibition-with-president-jill-stein/
So, let me tell you what I’m gonna do: I’m going to tell you how we, the Jill Stein-Cannabis Coalition, can win this Presidential Election, and win our freedom. I’ll tell you what we’re looking to do. I’ll tell you how you can help. Please help. After I tell you what we need and where we need it when, then comes the Magic Map, which shows both the Jill Stein situation, and the Marijuana situation in each state. Then a little blurb close up of each region and every state, including statewide issues related to Marijuana and/or Jill Stein and/or the Election. (You all can help me update this state-by-state info and the Magic Map info in the coming weeks.) (To do that, you can network and keep in touch at Sticky Greens homepage. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sticky-Greens-homepage/166998176672767 ) Then will be donation discussion and links. Finally, there will be funny cheap political bumper stickers to get our message out.
Jack Herer was a Hemp and climate activist, and a friend. We both spoke/performed at about 30 different events in tandem, all over the country. Smoked a lot of pot together too. He exposed many lies about Hemp Prohibition and many truths about climate science. Now, a very strong strain of Marijuana is named after him. Jack asserted that the United States can supply all of its current energy usage and future needs simply by growing Hemp for biomass and seed oil on 6% of our arable land. In 2010, Lund University in Sweden proved that Jack was right. If we planted that ’6%’ crop of Hemp today, the United States could be Energy Independent by the November Election. http://my.firedoglake.com/normanb/2012/06/24/marijuana-voters-join-jill-stein-now-green-revolution-economic-conversion-this-week-only/
Instead of Legalizing Hemp, President Obama wants to supply our country’s energy with Mountain Top Removal Coal, Oil Wars, Fracking chemicals in our drinking water, poisonous sea food from the Gulf of Mexico, a giant leaking Terrorist-targeted Pipeline From Nowhere, and attacking the structural integrity of the Alaskan coast while polluting the Arctic Ocean. And he says that’s because he wants us to be “Energy Independent.” What a conman. What a disgrace. And he’s trying to start another Oil War right now, with Syria and Iran (and Russia).
Jill Stein and her Vice Presidential running mate Cheri Honkala were Political Prisoners yesterday morning, but they’re out of jail now. They were arrested for “Defiant Trespass” at a bank in Philadelphia, for knocking on a door that they knew was locked, trying to help prevent some poor people from being thrown out of their homes. You can tell by the name of the charge that their crimes were Political, rather than actual. Knocking on that door was obviously protected Speech under the US Constitution. First Amendment. Everybody should read the Constitution at least that far. http://my.firedoglake.com/jest/2012/08/01/stein-honkala-arrested-at-a-fannie-mae-sit-in-over-foreclosures/
Here’s The Ballad of the Legend of Jill Stein: http://my.firedoglake.com/normanb/2012/08/04/jill-stein-busted-for-defiant-trespass-for-knockin-on-the-door-of-a-giant-bank/
This is a very serious campaign. I’m not trivializing the other things Jill Stein does: A lot of important things, and she has a multifaceted campaign. If you’re not into pot, you might think my writing here is irreverent, or overly reverent. I’ll say some things about the rest of the campaign too. Everything Is Interrelated.
But my mission here now is to unite the nation’s one hundred fifty million Marijuana voters [who need their freedom(!)] with Dr. Stein. http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/record-high-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx So, more than half the country wants Legalized Marijuana, and fully three-quarters want a Third Party! http://politix.topix.com/gary-johnson/581-do-you-want-a-third-party-candidate And a Bloomberg-Washington Post poll a year ago revealed that 52% of Americans recognize that the Democrats and Republicans are the same [and they're both against us(!)]. http://my.firedoglake.com/normanb/2011/10/15/washington-post-bloomberg-presidential-economy-poll-shows-jill-stein-winning-in-a-landslide-the-way-i-read-it/
Though some states haven’t actually allowed distribution of it yet, twenty states’ legislatures have now passed Medical Marijuana laws [though New Hampshire's Governor vetoed it], states with Electoral Votes totaling 187. Another six states with 68 more Electoral Votes are voting on Marijuana issues this November. That’s 255. Florida and New York each has 29 votes, and Texas has 38. If Dr. Stein carries any of those three, along with the Marijuana industry, she has it! I reiterate: She needs just the Medical Marijuana states, the states voting on Marijuana the same day as the Presidential Election, and one more state! And that final state has to have at least 15 Electoral Votes, so that one state must be either Texas, Florida, New York, Pennsylvania, Georgia, or North Carolina. But there are many other possible winning scenarios for her.
Marijuana is on the ballot this November in ten states all told, with 112 total Electoral Votes. One of those states is Jill Stein’s home state of Massachusetts, where Mitt Romney was Governor. Another is President Obama’s home state of Illinois. In every state with Marijuana on the ballot, Marijuana smokers will be energized to vote. We have the incentive: We can gain our freedom on Election Day 2012 by Legalizing Marijuana and Electing Jill Stein President: The President can unilaterally order the Rescheduling of Marijuana – so that it is no longer “Schedule One.” That makes it Legal as medicine. He could do that today. He could have done it three-and-a-half years ago. I wonder who paid him not to do it.
After President Jill Stein lifts the ban on pot, Dispensaries in California, Colorado, and others with MMJ might legally be able to sell and ship it to other states.
California “Conservatives” pushed back against pot in two local elections this year, but other Californians make money off Legal Medical Marijuana. It’s a half-a-trillion-dollar industry. That’s actually more than enough to fund this entire Jill Stein For President campaign. (By the way, do you know what California “Conservatives” wanted in their “anti-pot” campaign? They wanted MMJ to be taxed and regulated. Like wine.) (Some of us want it Legal like tomatoes.)
According to the Center for Responsive Politics, corporations have already given a billion dollars to the Obama/Romney campaign. Jill Stein recently said that she intends to run her entire campaign on only a million dollars. That’s just a drop in the bucket for the Marijuana economy. Let’s give that to her right away; do it now; do what’s right. She simply needs a group in each state – let’s call it a Pound-O’Pot Group of Stoner Donors – in every state we need the same amount of people who would come together to smoke a pound of pot – twenty people – we need each of them to give $250. Here in Massachusetts, that $250 is a lot less than the price of an ounce of Marijuana. Such a deal! So, twenty people in each state could just forgo their next bag of pot, send that money to Jill Stein for President, and that’s her million dollars! (That’s it; that’s all she needs, with the Matching Funds, and with what she’s already got plus what’s coming, plus their Matching Funds; she’ll have it all when her 20 Stoner Donors from each state make that donation: Jill Stein gets her million dollars. If you want to protect the Dispensaries and the Medical Marijuana industry, if you want to stop Global Warming, if you use Cannabis, and/or if you want it Legal, please join us now. http://www.jillstein.org/funding
(16) The point is: If Jill Stein carries all ten states with Marijuana on the ballot, and California, that’s 167 Electoral Votes. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Jill Stein’s home state, with eleven Electoral Votes, is one of those states with Legalizing pot on the docket. The rest of New England has a very strong Marijuana movement, and an additional 22 Electoral Votes. My premise is this: Jill Stein can carry all those states, the ones with pot on the ballot, and the New England states that she calls home. But the big bull of the woods is California. That’s 169 EVs, so far. And Florida can possibly go to Stein too. More about that below. If she gets Florida with those voting on pot, and she gets New England, then she’ll be at 218. It takes 270 to win. She’s very popular – and that popularity is growing fast – in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, with another 54 Electoral Votes between them. That’s 272. Bingo!
Here’s something new on Jill Stein from McClatchy news service in a Texas newspaper. http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/08/01/4149133/green-partys-jill-stein-looks.html
But she could actually get a lot more than just those 272 Electoral Votes: Eight other states, with a total of 42 Electoral Votes, already have Medical Marijuana laws, so lots of people in those states have extreme incentive to defend their respective Marijuana delivery systems by electing Jill Stein; perhaps in hopes that their state may become home to the next trillion-dollar pot industry bonanza, like California and Colorado, who are now affecting the economy of the entire world with their MMJ; or, at least, they could Free The People! That 42 EVs added to the 262 makes 314, a winning total! But it gets even better than that: Another Sixteen (16) states have Marijuana propositions before their legislatures this year, sixteen states with Electoral Votes totaling 170. In fact, only seven states are not trying to Legalize Marijuana this year: Georgia, Louisiana, Nebraska, Virginia, Minnesota, Wyoming, and Mitt Romney’s home state Utah. The total Electoral Vote of those states not currently trying to Legalize Marijuana is just 67.
The President and Romney will be doing and saying lots of outrageous and awful things every day. It is our job to point out to the public just how terrible they are. We are the media now, and if thousands of us publish stories of their bumbling Fascist injustices, we can raise the consciousness of the nation. We have never needed honesty and action on Global Warming more than we need it now, but both Obromneys will be ignoring and denying climate science, by calling for Pipelines and Fracking, and onshore and offshore Oil drilling, and Coal and Nuclear Power. They’ll be warmongering. Remember, every time they threaten to bomb Iran’s Nukes, they are also threatening to simultaneously Dirty Bomb all the American troops stationed in Afghanistan! Obama’s Defense Secretary Panetta threatened to do it again yesterday. That’s superstitious. It’s all for Oil. It’s climate holocaust denial.
Both Barack Bushbama and Mitt Obromney will be disrespecting Human Rights and workers’ rights and women’s right. Watch them, and call them out on it. Nobody likes them anyway. Both of them are very very Very weak candidates. Face it: Everybody in the country knows they’re both dishonest greedy liars.
Speaking of that: Be prepared for false, lying polls saying that we don’t have a chance. We need to take the bullshit by the horns! Be ready when and if they shut down Facebook and the greater internet. We’ve got to overturn the dominant paradigm before they know what hit them. Their Oil War Economy is going down! OWE – that debt-based dinosaur economy, focused on destructive extraction – is on its way out, to be replaced by a vibrant new Hemp-based Clean-Energy Tree-Of-Life economy where full employment and home ownership are the norm. We’ll have Universal Health Care and debt-free kindergarten-to-college education for all! Do you want your freedom or not? Now is the time to Get Up, Stand Up, Occupy your Rights! Get up and take it. C’mon. Let’s do this.
Most of us reporters who investigate politicians, and their apparent Bribes from corporations and the wealthy, really respect the Center For Responsive Politics and its opensecrets.org, an invaluable financial research tool. Beginning at 29:20 in the following video, CRP Executive Director Sheila Krumholz reveals that “the two Parties” will receive about $18 million for their Conventions. But I want to draw your attention to the segment beginning at 21:20, wherein she talks about President Obama crushing the Matching Funds system. Obama was the first Major Party nominee to refuse Matching Funds: He did that in order to take much more money, hidden and soft. Even Obama’s ethically challenged Republican opponent John McCain said it was dishonest for Obama to turn the Matching Funds down. Krumholz goes on to say in the segment that Obama, through that dishonest move four years ago, has single-handedly dismantled the entire Matching Funds system. She says Matching Funds is “dead,” but we know that’s not true, because Jill Stein just got them. Furthermore, one person cannot be allowed to unilaterally make a decision that destroys Matching Funds for less-connected candidates, while taking $18 million from the Government himself for a giant TV commercial called a Convention. (The Conventions are very late this year, in September, to prevent college students from protesting them.) Obviously, if the Green Party can’t afford to sue the Republicrats for making off with that eighteen mil, somebody sure should. http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/JShe
(22) Jill Stein is in Georgia this morning. She’ll be on the steps of the State Capitol in Atlanta today. http://www.jillstein.org/jill_s_trip_to_georgia Now we are facing an uphill battle, trying to get Jill on the ballot in as many states as possible, and some of them really make the ballot-access barrier a nightmare. We need to make this a 51-state race. Let’s stress that it’s a nationwide movement. We don’t know how the Electoral Vote is going to fall. We’ll need every state we can get. In the Southern States, we’ll need the Freedom Riders of 1961 to ride again. In some states, suspicious intelligence-community-like happenings are tripping up the Green Party. Georgia needs more than 50,000 signatures to get Jill on the ballot, and North Carolina – where Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama will clasp hands onstage in Bank Of America Stadium at the so-called “Democratic” Convention – requires 80,000. Alabama would want 25,000 to let the Green Party on the ballot, but for only 5,000 signatures, Jill Stein can run as an Independent, provided she gets at least 400 signatures from every single county in Alabama. http://my.firedoglake.com/normanb/2012/07/19/mlk-would-be-ashamed-georgia-need-voters-rights-freedom-riders-again-this-time-for-ganja-jill-stein-kwabena-nkromo/
(23) The Georgia Green Party is arranging host families for the Freedom Riders. Hopefully, those Freedom Riders will base in Georgia, then also spread out to Alabama and North Carolina, to try to get them on the ballot too. In Virginia, home of the CIA, they need 10,000 signatures, probably have about half of that, but a group called the “Independent Greens” (which claims to also support Jill Stein) claims to have another 3,000 signatures that they want to sell to the Green Party. I also got a call from Alaska, from someone saying that for $12,000 he could hire the right signature gatherers to get her on the ballot in Alaska. But he also said that he was a former Green who has evolved. http://www.southernstudies.org/2012/07/will-third-parties-make-a-difference-in-november.html and http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2012/07/georgia-ballot-access-lawsuit-update/
(24) Alaska had more Greens percentage-wise than any other state, and the Democratic Party has largely failed there. A judge once ruled there that growing Marijuana is Legal according to Alaska’s Constitution, lots of nature lovers, Native Americans, Native Alaskans. Lots of destruction by Oil. This is so insane and superstitious. We are in a fragile web of life. We’ve already raised the temperature. Now the President and Congress are cooperating with what amounts to a Military attack on the integrity of Alaska’s coastline, just like this and previous Traitor Presidents allowed attacks on the integrity of the Gulf coast, resulting in disastrous flooding, but hey, they got lots of Oil. With Hemp we can be Energy Independent right away without any drilling or dredging. And Alaska would benefit more than anyone.
(25) Wisconsin was home Weedstock, an annual festival where thousands of dedicated Cannabis enthusiasts gathered to imbibe and organize: I performed there a few times it was conducted by my Yippie brother Ben Masel, the long-haired activist lawyer and sometime political candidate (who recently passed). We need the Friends of Ben and the legacy of Ben Masel to get up and pick up the Green Party in Wisconsin. Wisconsin prime brain-washing territory. MSNBC’s The Ed Show‘s Ed Schultz tells people daily that hard workers like those in Wisconsin need a strong labor President. The fallacy of Schultz’ argument is that he then points to Obama, who continues to support Slavery in Bahrain. As long as he supports Slavery, he’s anti-labor. Anybody should be able to see that. http://my.firedoglake.com/normanb/2011/02/18/our-international-shame-the-5th-fleet-quit-disgracing-the-us-and-get-the-hell-out/
(26) Minnesota and Wisconsin both grow lots of pot, and have Native American communities. Activist and former Green VP nominee Winona LaDuke is from there, and so is Cannabis reformer former Governor Jesse Ventura who ran on the Reform Party ticket. Prairie Home Companion‘s Garrison Keillor celebrates the culture there of Norwegian Americans [I'm one] and live entertainment, radio plays and such. Keillor sometimes pitches fake ads, and one of those products he’s ‘selling’ is “Rainbow Motor Oil, from the Rainbow Family of fine automotive products!” He’s talking to us, to people like me who’ve told him about the Rainbow Family in letters. Lots of Rainbows in Minnesota, especially since that great national Rainbow Gathering up in the Boundary Waters July 4, 1990. Come on out, Family, remember: Bob Marley said “I am a Rainbow too.” He also said “Get Up Stand Up.”
(27) Jill Stein is listed as a Write-In candidate in Missouri, Indiana, Nevada, and North Carolina. Oklahoma and Nevada haven’t even allowed the start of petitioning yet – part of rigging the Election. Yes, they’re rigging it, but we’re tearing apart that rigging if we can. Because ours is the only reasonable stand on so many issues. If we get the word out, these are our natural constituents and allies who are already located in every single state: Protectors of the planet; the poor, college students, Native Americans, Latinos and immigrants; discriminated-against racial, religious, sexual, cultural, and linguistic groups; Human Rights activists of all issues, and the already intricate nationwide state-to-state networkings of Occupy Wall Street, Deadheads, Phish fans, the Rainbow Family, activists, the Medical Marijuana industry, and of course the hundred million or so brave and dedicated outlaw users, growers, vendors, and deliverers: They deserve our respect and protection. http://www.gp.org/2012/ballot-access.html and http://www.jillstein.org/ballot
(28) In America’s Heartland, the Great Plains, and the Northern Rockies, the Democratic Party hasn’t done well at all and in some places is an utter failure. They’ve never even had a credible opposition Party. Maybe it can be us. If there’s no Green Party in your state, come to the Sticky Greens homepage to network, to organize, to meet, to plan. Meanwhile, they smoke lots of pot, have a Rainbow presence, college students, activists, no opposition Party, and Marijuana is the top money crop in every one of these states. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sticky-Greens-homepage/166998176672767?ref=hl
(29) If Cannabis voters hit the campaign hard and fast for the next two days, we can – that is, we need to try to get Jill Stein on the ballot, in especially the pot states. We need volunteers in Iowa to gather signatures: To sign or to help gather them, call 319-331-9616. Please hurry! There are lots of farmers in Iowa, who will benefit greatly when they are finally again legally able to grow Hemp for the nation’s energy needs. There are lots of pot growers already in Iowa and Indiana, and lots of Cannabis consumers there, and lots and lots of Deadheads. But there’s a repressive Government in Indiana trying to hold down dissenting voices. Iowa and Indiana Marijuana industries: Come out and help us Legalize! In Indiana you can download the petition here. http://ingp.info/ballot-access Please, lots of you in Indiana, print out Jill Stein ballot Petitions at libraries and get Indiana voters who aren’t on internet to sign.
(30) The Kansas City, Missouri, Greens meet in a local bookstore. but there’s not much Green Party presence in Missouri; though I know there is a strong Marijuana movement there, with a proposition in the legislature this year and a measure on the ballot in Springfield, Missouri, this fall. The Marijuana voters and the freedom voters and the Civil Rights voters should be out in force to support Jill Stein, if we can reach them to tell them about her. Hell no! We won’t Jim Crow! This Racist Drug War’s got to go!
To get a hold of get-on-the-ballot Petitions, You can sometimes find local Green groups through the national Green Party of the United States site http://www.gp.org/states.php, or through Wikipedia 2http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Party_%28United_States%29#State_parties or Facebook. Sometimes information is outdated. Keep looking. You might get info through the national campaign, http://www.jillstein.org/ Sometimes you can find sympathetic organizations on the following list, but it’s severely outdated, and many of the groups claim to be “Progressive,” but still support Obama. The trouble with that is “Progressive” is Left-wing, and Obama is the far-far-Right: Obama publicly claims that he is allowed to order Murders. (Even Reagan at the height of his hubris and Nixon at the height of his insanity didn’t go that far Right!) http://www.irregularnews.com/states/index.htmlYou can all network on Sticky Greens homepage on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sticky-Greens-homepage/166998176672767
(32) The Northwest needs some Tree Sitters quick! Washington state’s Legal Marijuana industry made it one of the states that’s given the most to the Jill Stein campaign. Please, if you are in Washington and in the industry, get the Petition and get your contacts to sign it as quickly as possible. People in the Washington and Oregon Marijuana movements can also help out by going into Idaho and Montana, to help spur the Medical Marijuana people there into joining our revolution and getting Jill Stein on the ballot. It looks like we missed getting her on Montana, which we should have had by the end of August 1. That means we need the Medical Marijuana people and the freedom-loving people and the environmental voices of Montana to campaign hard and long. Let people know. And where it seems really really difficult is Nevada: Medical Marijuana emergency in Nevada: There is no Petition yet to get Jill Stein on the ballot: It is up to the MediJuana industry in Nevada (Jill may end up being a Write-in candidate there: Don’t let us down!)
(33) North Dakota wants to get its Medical Marijuana up and running, there’s a ballot question: There’s enthusiasm: Jill Stein can tap into that. South Dakota has a very strong Hemp movement at Pine Ridge Reservation where Indians are still suppressed.
(34) New Hampshire needs lots of people signing and circulating Petitions. Hurry! Every day at 4:20 pm people smoke Marijuana in Civil Disobedience near many City Halls, Court Houses, and Cop Shops in New Hampshire. Bring registration forms, register these people, and get them to sign the Petition to get Jill on the ballot. Call 207-841-6595 right away if you can help. Connecticut also needs help right away. See the blurb below. I want to do a consciousness-raising emissary tour to the Cannabis communities and alternative political groups in New England. More about that below. The New Hampshire Legislature Legalized Medical Marijuana, and the Governor vetoed it: The people of New Hampshire are already on our side. The people of New Hampshire want Medical Marijuana. The Obama Administration severely unjustly made a Political Prisoner out of a nurse there over saving lives with MMJ. This is now known colloquially Obama’s Naziesque Drug Policy (ONDP). There is a strong Civil Disobedience movement in New Hampshire (“Live Free or Die”), and people there gather in public downtown to smoke Marijuana and taunt the police. Try to reach any of that if you can.
(35) Maine: Maine has a very strong Medical Marijuana movement, and a strong [Industrial] Hemp movement, and a strong Legalization movement. Get in touch with as many of them as you can, by sending them this article, to their Facebook page or website. After enjoying some of the first Legal Medijuana in California in 1995, I enthusedly told High Times editor Steve Hager how cool I found it, and he said “You should see Maine.” That’s what I’m sayin’.
(36) Rhode Island: Rhode Island Legalized Medical Marijuana, but the Obama Administration ruthlessly cracks down on it there. Contact the Medijuana facilities, providers, groups, and organizations about it, and ask them to contact their patients fast!
(37) Vermont: Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt) is a Socialist. Vermont has very active Socialist Parties, who can be approached on this – Jill Stein once told me that Socialism doesn’t conflict with her agenda. Vermont also has very active pro-Marijuana Parties, the members of which can be approached, somehow. Northern Vermont, home to the amazingly brilliant Revolutionary Communist Bread and Puppet Circus of giant puppet theatre, is a place where Leftist radicals predominate. They should vote for Stein. (Where else they gonna go?) But our ace in the hole in Vermont is Phish, the non-commercial band that is the world’s highest paid entertainment act – highest paid because their loyal fans want to see them as much as possible. Vermont, especially the Burlington area, is full of Phish fans, Deadheads, drum circles, hippies, and jam bands. They smoke pot, all of ‘em. Help me reach them, we’re running out of time. I think that the Vermont’s Progressive Party, Socialist Liberation Party, and Marijuana Party, I think that you all should consider yourselves the Vermont delegation of the Greens. All three Parties are Socialist. Jill Stein evoked Socialism in her acceptance speech, and so did many other speakers at last month’s Green Party Convention. Jill thanked our Socialist forerunners in her speech.
(38) Let’s get Kentucky on the ballot. I once joined the Green Democrats of Kentucky: When I was in Kentucky nearly 20 years ago, Jack Herer and I both worked for the Democratic Gubernatorial campaign of Gatewood Galbraith, a Global Warming and Hemp activist who proved part of Jack’s Clean-Energy hypothesis, by driving all over Kentucky in his normal showroom Mercedes Benz on Clean Fuel that he squeezed out of Hemp seeds, without causing any Global Warming. The proof is in the pudding: If Gatewood can press his own seeds and drive without emitting Greenhouse Gases, then so could I. So could you. The US could have stopped emitting them 20 years ago, back when Gatewood and Jack and I were teaching about it on that Gubernatorial campaign. Willie Nelson was with Gatewood’s campaign then too. He and Gatewood appeared on the cover of High Times magazine together. Rest In Peace, Gatewood and Jack. Party on, dudes. And now Kentucky’s Governor Rand Paul favors Liberalizing enforcement against pot. Good, because it’s growing on every piece of property in Kentucky!
(39) Throughout all of the Eastern Mountain states Coal mining devastates health, climate, mountaintops, labor, communities, politics. RAMPS – Radical Action for Mountain People’s Survival – is trying to help. This is an example of whom we must coalition with, people like RAMPS, Greenpeace, Earth First!, the Ruckus Society: Direct action environmentalists.
The Stein campaign says costs for gathering signatures average around $6,000 per state. If you really want to make that happen yourself, you’re allowed to give the campaign up to $2,500 (though only the first $250 qualifies for the Matching Funds. https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/donate Most people, even within the Stein campaign, don’t realize that the Stein camp will be able to continue claiming Matching Funds until the Republicrat Conventions end around September 6 or 7.
Many independent voters like Jill Stein. Today I got an excited email about her from a very prominent Socialist. Yesterday, a confirmed Anarchist who hasn’t voted in ten years joined us. The day before that, it was two people who had never voted, until this time! I’ve heard from lots of supporters who are Libertarians, and some Ron Paul partisans. Also an Ayn Rand fan and a Boston Tea Party member, and some from the Pirate Party. And of course, lots of dissatisfied disaffected disenchanted disenfranchised Democrats. There’ll be lots more of ‘em coming. We’ll need them. We’ll even take Republicans who’ve given up on the Right. If there are any Socialists or Communists out there, this is your chance to join a revolution.
If you’re a musician, you can record a Willie Nelson song in support of Legalizing Jack and Electing Jill. The song is called “A Peaceful Solution.” If you record it, Willie Nelson’s site may host it on the web. Learn it here: You can listen to the song, and a Marijuana Legalization speech from Jill Stein. http://my.firedoglake.com/normanb/2012/07/14/end-prohibition-now-jill-stein-willie-nelson-want-a-peaceful-solution
The far Right has controlled of this country for far too long. If you steer your car too far to the Right, it hits the edge of the road: What’s needed at this point, then, is to veer Left, because: Steering a “constant, steady, even-handed approach” takes us off the road and into the ditch; and then, making a sharp Right turn, as President Obama has done, well that flips the car and totals it. Now we’ve got four Right-leaning corporate-funded Koch Brothers-supported candidates against Jill Stein. Four Koch candidates who’ll allow environmental destruction by continuing to burn Oil and profit the Koch brothers. Four against Jill: They are: Obama, Romney, Ron Paul, and Gary Johnson: The libertarianism of Paul and Johnson allows burning Oil for profit – end of story. These four unfortunately stand ready to let the Global Warming Holocaust continue.
The Obromney Team gets lots of help from Big Oil, and they return the favor: By burning Oil, Natural Gas, and Coal for these three-and-a-half years instead of immediately switching to Clean Fuel, President Obama made fossil Fuel companies even filthier rich, but Obama has pushed world climate at the breaking point with these insane tactics, when he could have pushed Legalizing Hemp instead, which would give our country Energy Independent in about three months. Obama says that he wants Fracking (which poisons children’s drinking water) so that we can be Energy Independent, but using Hemp, we’d have a lot more “Natural Gas” a lot quicker, without causing any Global Warming, and without destructive Pipelines, and without poisoning any children. Barack Fracking Obromney is not your friend. (Of course, Obama’s position on Fracking greatly profits the Koch brothers [with much of their money in Dioxin-laden wood-pulp (non-Hemp) paper].)
Seek out our natural allies in every state: Native Americans, Native Alaskans, Native Hawai’ians; racial, ethnic, minority, and religious groups that are discriminated against; students, the Occupy Movement, the peace movement, Marijuana voters, teachers, Gays; Women; workers; environmentalists, anti-Nuke activists, Journalists (honest ones), people who want peace and freedom and justice. Future articles here will have pointers on how to talk to specific voter groups.
You can get campaign updates and important news in my column here at FireDogLake.com. Hurry! http://my.firedoglake.com/normanb/
The Marijuana industry is in control of the US Presidential Election. If Green Party Presidential candidate Dr. Jill Stein, MD, carries the Medical Marijuana states, and the states voting on Marijuana this fall, and One More State, then she’ll be President. I iterate: If Jill Stein takes the states with proven Marijuana constituencies, and one more state, then, she wins! I say Go Ganja Jill!
You may have to squint your eyes, or squint your consciousness a little to interpret the map below. It shows in red the states that are polling for Romney, and in blue the states leaning toward Obama. If neither of the corporate stooges consistently leads in a state’s polls, I give that state to Stein and mark it green. Marijuana-friendly situations are marked in green, and so are completed Petitions to get Jill on the ballot. Look at all that green! A guide to reading this map is highlighted below in green. Here’s a link to a map at the Jill Stein for President site, which shows ballot access progress. http://www.jillstein.org/ballot
*WA(12)* *MT(3)* *ND(3)* *MN(10)* *WI(10)* *MI(16)* *************** *MA(11)* *VT(3)* *NH(4)* *ME(4)*
~Obama~ RomneyRomney ~Obama~ **Stein* **Stein* ********* ~Obama~ ~Obama~ **Stein* ~Obama~
petition petition petition petition petition *done* *********** *done* petition petition *done*
**mmj* **mmj* ooooo oooo *prop* **mmj* *************** loophole *prop* **mmj* **mmj*
*ballot* ooooo *ballot* oooo *hemp* *ballot* ***************** *ballot* socialist **CD** *hemp*
*OR(7)* *ID(4)* *WY(3)* *SD(3)* ************* *IL(20)* *IN(11)**OH(18)* *NY(29)* *CT(7)* *RI(4)*
~Obama~ RomneyRomneyRomney ********* ~Obama~ **Stein* **Stein* ~Obama~~Obama~~Obama~
*done* petition petition petition *********** *done* petition *done* *done* petition petition
*mmj* *prop* oooo oooo ********** *prop* *prop *prop* *prop* *mmj* *mmj*
*ballot* oooo oooo *hemp* ************** *ballot* oooo *ballot* smokeasy oooo oooo
*** *NV(6)* *UT(6)* *CO(9)* *NE(5)* *IA(6)* *WV(5)* *VA(13)* *DC(3)* *PA(20)* *DE(3)* *NJ(14)
** **Stein* Romney **Stein* Romney **Stein* Romney **Stein* ~Obama~ **Stein* ~Obama~ ~Obama~
** *????* *done* *done* petition petition *done* petition *done* petition *done* petition
** *mmj* oooo *mmj(!)* oooo *mmj* *prop* oooo *mmj* *prop* *mmj* *mmj*
** *prop* oooo *ballot* oooo *prop* oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo
*CA(55)* oooo *KS(6)* *MO(10)* *OK(7)* *AR(6)* *TN(11)* *KY(8)* *NC(15)* *MD(10)*
~Obama~ oooo Romney **Stein* Romney Romney Romney Romney **Stein* ~Obama~
*done* oooo petition petition *????* *done* *done* petition petition petition
*mmj(!)* oooo *prop* *prop* *prop* *prop* *prop* *prop* *prop* *prop*
*ballot* oooo oooo *ballot* oo *ballot* oooo *hemp* oooo oooo
********* *AZ(11)* *NM(5)* *TX(38)* *LA(8)* *MS(6)* *AL(9)* *GA(16)* *SC(9)
********* **Stein* **Stein* Romney Romney Romney Romney Romney **Stein
******** *done* *done* *done* *done* *done* petition petition *done
********* *mmj* *mmj* oooo oooo *prop* *prop* oooo *prop
********** oooo oooo *Willie* oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo
*HI(4)* oooooo oooo ooooo oooooo ooooooo oooo oooo *FL(29)*
~Obama~ oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo **Stein*
*done* oooo oooo ooooo oooo ooo ooooo oooo *done*
*mmj* oooo oooo ooooo oooo oooooo ooo oooo *prop*
oooo oooo oooo ooooo oooooo oooooo oooo loophole
How to Read this Map
A. Get so stoned that it looks like a map. See Florida in the lower right (Southeast) corner? All 50 states and the District of Columbia are situated approximately where they should be. Now look at the upper left (Northwest) corner. See Alaska? See how loop in the word loophole looks like the Aleutian Islands? See how the rest of that word looks like the Alaska Panhandle? No? Youi’d better smoke a little more smoke. Find your state on the map. Compare it to other states.
B. The caption for each state shows the state’s Presidential polling, states in which Jill Stein is on the ballot, and it shows the Marijuana legal situation in the state.
Line 1: Two-letter state abbreviation, followed in parentheses by the number of Electoral Votes the state is allotted.
Line 2: Tells who is consistently leading in Presidential polls in the state. If it has no consistent leader, I call it for Stein.
Line 3:Tells if Jill Stein’s petitioning is “done,” shown in green, or in progress, shown almost green, or not happening yet, show in purple.
Line 4: Tells ifthe state has Medical Marijuana [mmj]; if the state’s Medi-Juana is crucial to our national economy [mmj(!)]; and if the state had/has a Marijuana Proposition this year [prop].
Line 5: Tells if Marijuana is on the ballot in the state this year [ballot]; if outlaw Marijuana Smokeasies currently operate in the state [smokeasy]; if state citizens frequently use Civil Disobedience pot smoking to intimidate police [CD]; if the state has a strong Industrial Hemp movement [hemp]; if the state has Willie Nelson helping out its (Industrial) Hemp movement [Willie]; and if the state has a hidden loophole through which Marijuana is already more legal than it is in other states [loophole]. (Some stuff may spill over into other Lines.)
Loopholes: (1) In Florida, prescription Marijuana is already legal. Very few people get it. Elvy Musikka, a good friend of mine who has severe Glaucoma, is one of the few patients in this country getting it prescribed. Unfortunately, it is the worst pot you can imagine: The males and females aren’t separated; it’s harvested by lawnmower; if she gets a bud, it’s by accident; it’s warehoused for years so that by the time she gets it, she has to re-humidify it or it won’t even smoke. (2) In Ohio, if you possess less than 100 grams, you cannot even be ticketed. Nearly everyone in Ohio has under 100 grams. (3) Here in Massachusetts, if caught with Marijuana, the culprit doesn’t have to give the police his or her real name, and doesn’t have to pay the fine. Another Massachusetts Loophole: If the person caught with Marijuana is using it medicinally for Asthma, AIDS, or Cancer, then the charges must be dropped. (4) Alaska’s Supreme Court ruled Marijuana legal there. (~5) Wisconsin’s Constitution provides that possession of Marijuana on private property is not a crime unless and until someone files a complaint. (Wisconsin is not marked as a full Loophole on the map.)
***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
We first need to get Jill Stein on the ballot in many states. Everywhere we need to register people to vote. Get some forms and keep them with you. Below are examples of how to help our cause in each state, and who to reach out to there. We need to get her money to run her campaign. Not much, just a little. I’ve estimated how many Stoner Donors it takes in each state, if it’s just us coming up with the money, assuming that each Stoner Donor gives $250 to Jill Stein instead of buying that next bag of boo. The entry for each state tells how many Electoral Votes the state has (EV) and how many Stoner Donors (SDs) it takes to pull your state’s weight for this election
(538 Electoral Votes: 270 Needed to Win.
States with Marijuana on the Ballot: 12, with 167 Electoral Votes. (The two California communities voting to restrict Medical Marijuana Dispensaries won this year – Marijuana will not be on the ballot in California in November. In Missouri, only Springfield is voting on it.) Current Medical Marijuana States: 19, with 176 Electoral Votes (only 170, not including Iowa). (Iowa’s Board of Pharmacy recommended Legalization, but its cowardly Legislature hasn’t done its duty yet.) States with Marijuana Propositions this year: 11, with 131 Electoral Votes. States with Smokeasies or other Civil Disobedient public pot smoking, or Loopholes allowing Legal Marijuana use, or strong Hemp movements, or a strong Socialist movement, or Willie Nelson: 11, with 142 Electoral Votes. States with Mighty Marijuana Movements This Year: 43 & DC: 471 Electoral Votes!)
If your state info needs updating for future editions of the data below, please contact Sticky Greens homepage. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sticky-Greens-homepage/166998176672767
New England (On the Ballot in 2 of 6 States, 33 Electoral Votes; 2 made Matching Funds by July 1)
(See also New England Tour, below).
New Hampshire 4-EV 22-SDs ($5,443); Rich Zitola email@example.com 617-543-2579; Live Free or Die, get Jill Stein on the ballot; Medical Marijuana movement and would be vendors; people who smoke pot in public to intimidate the police; supporters of the nurse who became a Political Prisoner under Obama just because she helped her patient. At 4:20 every afternoon brave New Hampshire activists smoke Marijuana in public Civil Disobedience near police stations, city halls, courthouses, and other Government buildings – Nashua is particularly active – bring the Petitions to these people to sign, and have them contact their friends, Call Ben Schadtenburg for immediate organizing: 207-841-6595. See paragraphs 16, 34 (above).
Rhode Island 4-EV 22-SDs ($5,610); a lot of Rastafari in Rhode Island. Sign the paper. President Obama’s preventing the Dispensaries from opening should not be tolerated; vote the crook out! See paragraphs 16, 34, 36.
Vermont 3-EV 23-SDs ($5,706.11); http://www.advantagecreations.com/clients/bgp/index.htm & http://www.progressiveparty.org/ Vermont is a hard one. Please, Leftist Parties of Vermont, come join us: Progressive Party and Socialist Liberation Party: You should both know that Jill Stein evoked Socialism in her Green Party acceptance speech last month, and many other speakers at the Convention brought it up too! http://www.greenpartywatch.org/2012/07/17/jill-stein-presidential-acceptance-speech/ Marijuana Parties of Vermont, please join us for this Election. Jill Stein speaks out on Marijuana more than any other candidate I know. See paragraphs 16, 34, 37.
Maine 4-EV 27-SDs ($6,690); Maine’s Independent Green Party needs to fully unite with the state’s Medical Marijuana movement and growers. With a Jill and a Hemp economy future, Maine farmers stand to get wealthy. See paragraphs 16, 34, 35.
Connecticut 7-EV 45-SDs ($11,172.12); http://www.ctgreenparty.org/ 860-639-8101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; or http://environmentalheadlines.com/ct/2012/07/31/earn-1-per-signature-petition-help-needed-to-get-jill-stein-on-the-ballot-in-ct/ See paragraphs 16, 34.
Massachusetts 11-EV 98-SDs ($24,172.12); Jill Stein’s home state and base of support. We need to educate the duped public, but they are thirsty for education, thirsty for more. The current Administration seems to think they know too much already. We’re ready for the struggle. See paragraphs 1, 16, 34.
Florida & Texas (On the Ballot in Both States, 67 Electoral Votes; 2 made Matching Funds by July 1)
Oil is ruining Florida and Texas coasts and tourism and seafood and sea life. And Obama promises more. But the people haven’t forgotten.
Florida 29-EV 43-SDs ($10,838.95); Floridians are disgusted with both major Parties; Florida has more pot smokers, dealers, and smugglers than any other state, and all those people will be richer and better off with Jill Stein and Legal Marijuana. Also, being the first Jewish Presidential candidate in history might help Jill with some voters in Florida; See paragraphs 1, 16. (See also Community Radio Programming, below.)
Texas 38-EV 44-SDs ($10,987.10); immigration and smuggling issues; Oil, Gas, Pipelines; Texas is a leader in suppressing Civil Rights, where many millions of people want to escape their oppressors, and overthrow them. See paragraphs 1, 16.
West Coast (On the Ballot in 4 of 5 States, 82 Electoral Votes; 3 made Matching Funds by July 1)
Alaska 3-EV 21-SDs ($5,385); See paragraphs 23, 24.
Hawai’i 4-EV 22-SDs ($5,570); when we gain our Freedom with Jill Stein, exotics like Hawai’ian Cannabis, Kava kava, Salvia divinorum, and ‘Shrooms could bring billions of dollars in to the islands.
Oregon 7-EV 43SDs ($10,705); Lots of radical environmentalists in the Northwest. See paragraphs 1, 32. See the Washington entry below.
Washington 12-EV 60-SDs ($14,964.05); hurry up, sign that Petition, Legalize it! See paragraphs 1, 32. We need Marijuana activists from Washington and Oregon to go into Idaho and Montana to help spread the word on Jill Stein and Marijuana. Defenders of the forest, help save our trees!
California 55-EV 91-SDs ($22,790.61); every Dispensary should organize all of its customers to donate to Jill Stein and work for her election, and finally get the Feds off their backs once and for all! Governor Jerry Brown, President Obama, US Attorney General Eric Holder, and California mayors waged war against Occupy by cooperating with police attacks against peaceful protesters with Torture devices that are War Crimes when used in war. See paragraphs 16.
Midwest (On the Ballot in 3 of 8 States, 101 Electoral Votes; 5 made Matching Funds by July 1)
Iowa 6-EV 23-SDs ($5,769.05); This story that just came out may help her get on the ballot. http://www.dailyiowan.com/2012/07/25/Opinions/29250.html 319-331-9616; http://www.mpp.org/States/iowa/
and http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/01/79-year-old_state_senator_drafts_medical_marijuana.php Iowa’s Medical Marijuana industry, and the movement for the 2012 Iowa Marijuana proposition need to unite with the Iowa Greens Immediately; because Jill needs 800 to 1,000 more signatures immediately. See paragraph 29.
Indiana 11-EV 26-SDs ($6,555); 33,742 signatures; http://ingp.info/ballot-access Indiana has a Marijuana proposition this year; with Marijuana and the Hemp energy economy, Indiana farmers are in a position to make billions of dollars. See paragraph 29. https://www.facebook.com/groups/rlipac/
Missouri 10-EV 27-SDs ($6,750); No Green presence in Missouri except an occasional Kansas City Greens meeting in a local bookstore. But there are lots of activists in Missouri, and a strong Marijuana movement. Marijuana is on the ballot in Springfield. http://nationalcannabiscoalition.com/2012/08/springfield-missouri-to-vote-on-cannabis-decriminalization/ See paragraphs 27, 30.
Ohio 18-EV 41-SDs ($10,355.02); Marijuana’s on the ballot, already got a legal loophole, this can be our territory, lots of activists, lots of Greens.
Michigan 16-EV 42-SDs ($10,522.78); Home of the great philosopher and Political Prisoner John Sinclair, Medical Marijuana, and Ann Arbor’s original $5 pot fine; Help Dr. Jill Stein, MD, Legalize Marijuana nationally.
Wisconsin 10-EV 44-SDs ($11,010.99); 4,000 signatures by August 7. Mail full Petitions to: Jill Stein for President, POB 260217 Madison WI 53726. Here’s the Petition. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6QqBAwtNkQ6YS1qR1FqMVZiWFU See paragraph 25. Friends of Ben Masel: We need you! https://www.facebook.com/ben.masel and http://www.madisonnorml.org/ and http://www.benmaselproject.com/
Minnesota 10-EV 45-SDs ($11,383.70); 2,000 signatures by August 21. 612-860-7316. http://www.mngreens.org/news/07172012-1003am/help-get-jill-stein-and-cheri-honkala-ballot-minnesota
Illinois 20-EV 49-SDs ($12,218);
See paragraph 26.
Eastern Seaboard (On the Ballot in 3 of 7 States, 92 Electoral Votes; 6 made Matching Funds by July 1)
Delaware 3-EV 22-SDs ($5,650); home of pot opponent DuPont and the worst and most dishonest slate of politicians the world has ever known, starting with Vice President Joe Biden and his son. Treating the non-existent condition Marijuana addiction is an industry there; so is Medical Marijuana; those two factors could bring us good luck and demographic, and they must be tired of crooks by now.
District of Columbia 3-EV 40-SDs ($10,124.55); (Washington, DC, hopes to have its four Dispensaries up and running soon.) See paragraph 1.
Virginia 13-EV 41-SDs ($10,154.90); http://www.vagreenparty.org/ballotaccess/ballotaccess2012.html See paragraphs 1, 23.
Pennsylvania 20-EV 44-SDs ($10,917.85); Fracking central, and remember John Murtha. http://www.yorkdispatch.com/news/ci_21153152/green-party-wants-get-candidates-ballot 20,600 signatures. http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=8hbdnbkab&v=0010iyGwPSeYAHZw3RS-FhpDAaiLOozyI9x3ZgO3tngAcQuwUd2euepWO41u-pCANz6MtHEzpmi45Pug0oMiZfqGL5Zdhiw4FOZpoaqteSeUT21j_jGxiPbfCMxzLFeOPSPCjpQKZ3FJVs%3D
New Jersey 14-EV 44-SDs ($10,925); Medical Marijuana; crooked Government, Jersey needs Greens. http://www.gpnj.org/
Maryland 10-EV 44-SDs ($10,942.05); more than 1,000 still needed to make the 10,000 signatures. 410-429-MGP1. http://www.marylandgreenparty.org/2012/07/with-8866-signatures-verified-we-need.html
New York 29-EV 96-SDs ($23,945.28); Fracking, Stop and Frisk, Governor Cuomo with Mayor Bloomberg and President Obama waged war against peaceful protesters at Occupy Wall Street. Yippies are centered in New York, lots of activists there, High Times, world populations, United Nations. Poetry, politics, lots of stuff in New York. Everybody who cares about Civil Rights should be worried about the illegal and unconstitutional NYPD/CIA collaboration harassing Muslims and other ordinary citizens all over the Northeast. Also, being the first Jewish Presidential candidate in history could help Jill Stein with some voters in New York and nearby states.
4 Corners & Nevada (On the Ballot in 4 of 5 States, 7 Electoral Votes; 3 made Matching Funds by July 1)
Nevada 4-EV 21-SDs ($5,312.47); http://gpnv.org/ See paragraph 27, 32.
Utah 6-EV 22-SDs ($5,395); Robert Redford, come on down!
New Mexico 5-EV 40SDs ($10,135.10); See paragraphs 1, 16.
Colorado 9-EV 43-SDs ($10,720.10); See paragraphs 1. Colorado’s Medical Marijuana output is influencing the entire world economy. Help Jill Stein, and her policies will help you. We also need people from Boulder area to go over to Laramie, Wyoming, to network to student activists there.
Arizona 11-EV 44-SDs ($10,948.50); See paragraphs 1, 16.
Deep South (On the Ballot in 3 of 6 States, 60 Electoral Votes; 1 made Matching Funds by July 1)
Racist repression continues in the South. Barack Obama’s mercenaries carried out Genocide against Black people in Libya. Obama supports Slavery in Bahrain.
Mississippi 6-EV 20-SD ($5,020); see Louisiana entry below.
Louisiana 8-EV 20-SDs ($5,078); devastated by the flood and its response: Now Obama is going all out with more Oil drilling and spilling. The seafood is already poisoned, like the air and the water. Horrible police. We can help the people of the Gulf states get their freedom.
Georgia 16-EV 23-SDs ($5,843); See paragraphs 22, 23.
Alabama 9-EV 23-SDs ($5,850); https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Party-of-Alabama/123786197668410 & https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Party-of-Alabama/146623778738835 It looks like an Administrative Coup to me, an Intelligence hit: One week after Obama got in office, Alabama Greens were destroyed. http://irregulartimes.com/index.php/archives/2009/01/29/alabama-online-activism-disintegration/ Left in Ala. Bullshit site: http://www.leftinalabama.com/frontPage.do See paragraph 22, and Louisiana entry above.
South Carolina 9-EV 24-SDs ($5,944.12).
North Carolina 15-EV 42-SDs ($10,433); Lots of Rainbow, hippies, Deadheads, Phish fans, poets, and performers in Asheville and the rest of Western North Carolina. http://www.ncgreenparty.org/ See paragraphs 1, 22, 27.
Eastern Mountain States (On the Ballot in 3 of 4 States, 30 Electoral Votes; None made Matching Funds by July 1)
West Virginia 5-EV 20-SDs ($5,040) See paragraph 39.
Kentucky 8-EV 21-SDs ($5,195); http://kygreenparty.org/?p=211 Green Democrats of Kentucky See paragraph 38, 39.
Arkansas 6-EV 22-SDs ($5,450); https://www.facebook.com/pages/Josh-Drake-for-Congress/145897998759965 and http://www.arnorml.org/ See paragraph 39.
Tennessee 11-EV 29-SDs ($7,368); Lots of Marijuana support for Jill Stein showed in monetary contributions here. See paragraph 39.
Great Plains (On the Ballot in Zero of 5 States – 1 is Petitioning, 24 Electoral Votes; None made Matching Funds by July 1)
The Obama Administration treats the people of the America’s Heartland as if they’re complete buffoons: Propaganda tells them that Fracking and the Pipeline From Nowhere will help their economy. If President Obama had any spine, he’d stand up against it, instead, he plays along, gets hand-picked audiences who applaud every time that he brags about being the “Fracking President” or “George W. Obama on climate issues” or poisoning all the world’s children with his Fracking Pipeline of Bull. The Democratic Party never really made it in this part of the country; its lands need protectors; big Hemp growing region. http://blackagendareport.com/content/should-we-really-re-elect-fracking-president
South Dakota 3-EV 20-SDs ($5,010); Sioux natives of the Pine Ridge Reservation grew Hemp to make Hempcrete bricks. The Hempcrete idea has also caught on in North Dakota. The Government of course doesn’t allow them to make bricks out of Hemp, although, if everyone did it, That Would Actually Reduce Or Could Even Cure Global Warming! That removes Carbon from our atmosphere. http://www.gp.org/states/sdakota.shtml See paragraph 33.
Oklahoma 7-EV 2o-SDs ($5,045); http://jmbranum.com/sites/okgreens/lawsuit.htm See paragraph 27.
North Dakota 3-EV 2o-SDs ($5,110); See also South Dakota entry, above; https://www.facebook.com/greenpartynd See paragraph 33.
Kansas 6-EV 2o-SDs ($5,111.02); https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Party-of-Kansas/131986676846288 There was a Green Party Meeting Monday July 16, 2012, at Aquarius Book Store in Kansas City, Missouri, across the river. Mark Creamer who wrote the Hemp Manifesto is from Lawrence, Kansas. http://www.honkforhemp.com/manifest.htm
Nebraska -EV 22-SDs ($5,375); http://www.nebraskagreens.org/contact_us Nebraska Greens are really into Hemp, even on their Party website.
Northern Rockies (On the Ballot in Zero of 3 States, 10 Electoral Votes; None made Matching Funds by July 1)
The Democratic Party never really made it in this part of the country; its lands need protectors; big pot-growing region.
Wyoming 3-EV 20-SDs ($5,000); Fantastic wildlife in beautiful Wyoming; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Party-of-Wyoming/142288685809156 We need people from Boulder area of Colorado to do outreach to the college students of Laramie, which is where our strength will lie in this state. Wyoming is dominated by Fossil Fuels. In the early 1920s, when the President’s Interior Secretary Albert Fall took a Bribe from Sinclair Oil for private-profit access to what should be public: Our natural resources. When news of the Tea Pot Dome scandal broke, President Harding mysteriously died, killed by Oil interests everyone assumed, even encyclopedias of the 1920s and -30s. But today’s encyclopedias and almanacs don’t mention how suspicious it was. Five days after Fall was convicted, Oil speculators, stock traders, and bankers plunged us into the Great Depression on Black Tuesday, October 29, 1929. http://www.laramiecountyclerk.com/elections.aspx and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming#Mineral_production See paragraph 32.
Montana 3-EV 20-SDs ($5,075); Montanans launched a recall of Senators who approved NDAA Military Detention; but unfortunately we will probably not be on the ballot in Montana – it’s past the deadline; we need the Medical Marijuana industry there to stand up: You Legalized it statewide, but Obama is hatefully harassing the patients; we need Marijuana activists from Washington and Oregon to come over and help spread the word. http://www.mtgreens.org/ See paragraph 32.
Idaho 4-EV 21-SDs ($5,265); Lots of Native Americans. A Marijuana proposition, but you need the right President, such laws are hard to implement; we need Marijuana activists from Washington and Oregon to come over and help spread the word. http://www.idahogreenparty.org/ 208-344-6804
The people of every state want the Clean Energy that a Hemp economy will bring. We all want to end Global Warming. We all want there to be millions of good jobs available, as we can get through Jill Stein’s Green New Deal. We all want peace and freedom and Human Rights, not just for ourselves, but for our sisters and brothers around the globe, and for future generations. We can’t go ahead and destroy it just because somebody gave the President a bunch of money. The people of every state want to Legalize pot. The people of every state want to end Prohibition.
***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
Here’s how you can help:
1. Tell people about Jill Stein and ending Prohibition and ending Global Warming and Oil Wars.
2. Register people to vote and/or encourage lots of people to register: The local town hall or courthouse has forms. It’s good to keep some handy.
3. Sign the Petition to get Jill on the ballot in your state, if she isn’t already on it there. (There are also petitions one may sign to get her into the debates with Obama and Romney. http://letjilldebate.blogspot.com/2012/07/petition-data-entry-form.html )(There’s also one to get her on the Daily Show. http://www.change.org/petitions/the-daily-show-have-green-party-presidential-candidate-jill-stein-on-as-a-guest )( Along the same vein, there’s a Facebook effort to get a Green candidate on Real Time with Bill Maher. https://www.facebook.com/groups/173407432675526/ )
4. Join your local Green Party. http://localgreenparty.org/ If there isn’t one, start a local Sticky Greens chapter. You can focalize it at the Sticky Greens homepage. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sticky-Greens-homepage/166998176672767
5. Donate to the campaign. It is essential that somebody do this. The Obromneys have zillions. We just need a few people in each state to donate to Jill Stein for President. Here are three different ways to donate money:
~a. In every state, we need grassroots citizens to form Pound O’Pot Stoner Donor groups of twenty, as discussed above, wherein each Stoner Donor gives or gathers at least $250 to the campaign. https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/donate
~b. Freedom Riders are needed to the Deep South, Georgia, Alabama, and North Carolina. We need people to make the ride, people in Georgia or Alabama or NC to house them, and people to donate to the effort. http://www.georgiagreenparty.org/
~c. Donate directly to the Sticky Greens effort to elect Jill Stein President in 2012: We just need a tiny amount compared to the rest of the campaign, but we have the connections and expertise to carry out a few essential pieces:
~~~I. $900 to Tampa Community Radio WMNF 88.5 FM (“As Far Left As You Can Go, and Still Be On the Radio”) programming: We have pledged a donation of $900: The premium gift that we’ll receive in appreciation for that donation is hosting three of the most popular shows on the station: We’ll host 7 hours of Jill Stein programming (including recordings of her, live talk and performance, recorded music, and if we’re lucky, the candidate herself will be live on the show). This is a four-and-a-half million person radio market, and a far-Leftist radio station of committed activists, in the center of Florida, the state with the third-most electoral votes. We will host three of the most popular shows on this station, shows which already have dedicated followings of lots of activists. 7 hours of programming, most popular shows on a Left-leaning Community station, which is one of the most successful Community Radio stations on the planet, and one of the hippest. As far as I know, it’s the best radio station anywhere. Its listeners are our natural allies and Jill Stein’s logical constituents. We can and we must spur thousands of these activists to blanket Florida for us. We can win Florida, and if we do this programming, it could help us win Vermont and California too. (If we have a chance to host more programs [as premiums] at WMNF, aside from these three, we will try to do that too. Thanks to WMNF consciousness raising, Tampa recently elected both a Green and a Socialist.)
~~~II. $500 to present a Jill Stein program at the Yippie Cafe and Museum in New York City: The event will raise consciousness about Medical Rights activist and our Yippie brother, Political Prisoner Dana Beal, whom the Obama Administration is trying has locked up for saving people’s lives. https://www.facebook.com/groups/143405647913/ And there’s more about Dana Beal, and about Jill Stein, in this link: http://my.firedoglake.com/normanb/2012/04/22/presidential-contender-jill-stein-issues-major-statement-on-marijuana-to-mark-420/
~~~III. $500 for a New England Tour recruiting Marijuana activists and getting the necessary signatures to get Jill on the ballot in the other four New England states. All of New England has anti-establishment politics and a strong Marijuana movement;
~~~IV. $??? A Virtual Calling Room of well-connected activists. When Jill Stein was trying to make Matching Funds a few weeks ago, it looked like she had no chance, since only 9 of the 20 states…well, I already told you about that. But, there’s also this: Two years ago, I was working for Jill Stein for Governor. I wrote a Rock Opera and presented it at the University of Massachusetts. Jill Stein opened for me. It was by far the largest attended Jill Stein event of her entire Gubernatorial campaign, and it significantly changed her poll numbers at UMass versus the incumbent Governor. And I’m just one guy typing. Imagine if we had a Virtual Calling Room of seven dedicated activists, each of them with tremendous networks and skills! And we don’t need our calling room to raise money this time: We just need to raise consciousness: These seven people – I’ll accept no substitutes – can help us win California, Florida, Texas, New England, Kentucky, the Midwest… Look, if you think we’ve already got it wrapped up, maybe you think we don’t really need more of a push; but I think we do need this push. Here’s where to donate specifically to the Sticky Greens effort.
Anyone can donate to the Sticky Greens, there’s no limit, no restriction, no tax deduction. You can donate directly just because you want to, but if you also want some premiums for your donation, that is possible too. For a donation of just $7 you can get 2 great radical Bumper Stickers to help us Grow Jack and Elect Jill (we are the Sticky Greens); choose any two from the list below, or choose two from the pre-selected Matching Sets. (Note, that only about $5 of that $7 is actually donated, since the postage and materials will cost about $2 per pair.) If we get 420 of these $7 donations, that will pay for the WMNF Tampa Community radio shows, the Yippie Cafe event for Dana Beal and Jill Stein, and the New England Tour. For the calling room, we’d need more.
Here’s the list: Watch for new Bumper Stickers added at the ends of the updated lists.
Bumper Stickers: Stoners for Stein; Sticky Greens; Ganja Jill Stein 2012; Ganja Jill Stein for President; Jill Stein 2012; Stein/Honkala-Sticky Greens 2012; Stein-Honkala 2012; Jack & Jill 2012; Stop the Obromney Team: Vote Jill Stein; Obromney is a Crook; No Oil War!; Invasion is for Suckers; Say No to War Mongers; Don’t Go To War; Drones Kill Babies; Stop Torturing Bradley Manning; Tear Gas is Torture; Tear Gas is a War Crime; War Crimes Are Hate Crimes; Prosecute War Crimes; Free the Bahrain Slaves; Lesser Evil? Then End Bahrain Slavery!; Stop Bahrain Genocide; Stop the Bahrain Genocides!; Stop Haitian Genocide; Stop Somali Genocide; Stop US War Crimes in Yemen; Stop Starting Civil Wars; Stop Deportations for the Hell of It; Mexicans are People; Only Fascist Countries Stage Show Trials; Stop Book Burning; Stop Global Warming (ask me how); Drilling for OIL is Primitive, Superstitious, Anti-Scientific; No Fracking Way!; NO Pipeline from Hell; Tell the President to Stop Lying About Energy; No Such Thing as Clean Coal; No Such Thing as Clean Natural Gas; No Such Thing as Clean Nukes; If He Lies About Nuke Safety, He’ll Lie About Anything; A Republicrat is NOT a Legitimate Candidate; Republicrats Suck; Prosecute Wall Street; Prosecute Banksters; Protest The Democrats At Bank Of America Stadium; Grow Up & Register to Vote.
Matched Sets: Jill Stein for President//Hemp for the Future; Jill Stein for President//Clean Energy Future; Stein-Honkala 2012//Energy Independent in 100 Days; Jill Stein for President//Cheri Honkala for Vice President; Dr. Jill Stein, MD for President//Medical Marijuana 2012; Peace, Pot & Personal Freedom//Vote for Jill Stein; A Smiling Crook is Still a Crook//The Lesser Evil is Evil; Jill Stein-Willie Nelson//A Peaceful Solution; Elect Jill Stein//Smoke Jack Herer; President Jill Stein 2012//Jack Herer Election Night; Guns Smuggled to Mexico//With the Democratic Party’s Ethics; Legalize Marijuana This November//Jill Stein for President; Green Energy GOOD//Coal, Oil, Gas, Nukes BAD; Fossil Fuels Cause Global Warming//Yes They Do; Stop the Obromney Team//Vote Jill Stein; Stop the Obromney Team//Vote Ganja Jill Stein; Republicrats are Fascist//Vote Green; Obromney is Two Liars//Vote Jill Stein 2012; Looks Like We All Got Took: The President Is A Crook.
Watch for new Bumper Stickers added at the ends of the above lists, which will be updated.