Even as the other portions of the English-speaking Western media seems to be advocating for intervening in Syria so the secularist Assad government can be toppled and replaced by an Al-Qaeda-allied Sunni theocracy, the tiny startup enterprise Mint Press News sends out experienced journalists to cover Syria and bring back stories that undermine the rush to theocracy.

Stories like this one from August 29:

The U.S., Britain, and France as well as the Arab League have accused the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for carrying out the chemical weapons attack [in Ghouta, Syria], which mainly targeted civilians. U.S. warships are stationed in the Mediterranean Sea to launch military strikes against Syria in punishment for carrying out a massive chemical weapons attack. The U.S. and others are not interested in examining any contrary evidence, with U.S Secretary of State John Kerry saying Monday that Assad’s guilt was “a judgment … already clear to the world.”

However, from numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families, a different picture emerges. Many believe that certain rebels received chemical weapons via the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, and were responsible for carrying out the dealing gas attack.

“My son came to me two weeks ago asking what I thought the weapons were that he had been asked to carry,” said Abu Abdel-Moneim, the father of a rebel fighting to unseat Assad, who lives in Ghouta.

Abdel-Moneim said his son and 12 other rebels were killed inside of a tunnel used to store weapons provided by a Saudi militant, known as Abu Ayesha, who was leading a fighting battalion. The father described the weapons as having a “tube-like structure” while others were like a “huge gas bottle.”

Ghouta townspeople said the rebels were using mosques and private houses to sleep while storing their weapons in tunnels.

One would think that this reportage, so at odds with what is being stated in the rest of the English-language press, would, if it were wrong, be immediately and thoroughly attacked and discredited by those with vested interests in toppling the Assad government. But so far, nothing. It’s as if the big media outlets and the elites whose interests they serve are afraid to call attention to Mint Press News and its blockbuster story alleging that the Saudi-backed Syrian rebels were behind the Ghouta gas attack.

Mint Press News is in the first phase of the “First they ignore you” formula by Nicholas Klein, often misattributed to Mahatma Gandhi. They are being severely ignored now in the hopes that they can be isolated and made to go away. When that doesn’t happen, Phase Two — the Active Persecution phase — will commence.

Keep your eyes on Mint Press News, and help circumvent the interdict on them by forwarding their stories where you can.