Live – and archived – on BlogTalkRadio: Sunday May 8 thru Friday May 13
• Political strategist Cliff Schecter and FDL News guy David Dayen together on Virtually Speaking Sundays. What did the Sunday morning talking heads cover, distort or ignore? Think the rapidly changing story of bin Laden’s death and the political implications of killing him. Consider us a counterpoint. Listen here beginning 6pm pacific|9pm eastern, Sunday, May 8.
• Stuart Zechman, Jay Ackroyd on VS A-Z: This week in liberalism. | Listen here Thursday May 12 @ 5pm pacific | 8pm eastern. Beginning 8pm eastern, listen here Beginning midnight May 13, archived here.
Coming to VS in future weeks: Dahlia Lithwick, Dan Ellsberg and Glenn Greenwald.
Scroll down for additional show notes.
We have Internet Relay Chat (IRC) so you can be part of the virtual studio audience (aka chat room), sharing comments and questions while listening to Virtually Speaking live on BlogTalkRadio. Logs are shared with the show hosts and guests.
- Connect to http://webchat.freenode.net/
- Create a log-in name
- Enter #vspeak into the channel field.
- NOTE: ‘Relay Rinq’ is not a person but a bridge to IRC chat.
- Type into the text field along the bottom of the screen.
- Begin your question with ‘QUESTION’ so it’s easy for the host (and me) to spot.
Show notes (I’ll add these as I get them or as they occur to me.):
Can’t bear to watch the Sunday morning talking heads that inspire VS Sundays? Let Culture of Truth boil them down for you with the Bobblespeak Translations. Warning: Before reading, swallow and put down the hot tea/coffee/cocoa.
Dave Johnson is Founder and principal author at Seeing the Forest, a blogger atSpeak Out California and a Fellow with Campaign for America’s Future and a Senior Fellow with the Renew California Dream.
Most weeks, the VS Sunday panel draws from Avedon Carol, Chicago Dyke, Cliff Schecter, CS Kendrick, Culture of Truth, David Dayen, digby, Eve Gittleson, Joan McCarter, Marcy Wheeler, Stuart Zechman and Susie Madrak. From time to time, the make-up of the panel shifts. Also, every 5 weeks or so, one of our regular panelists invites a guest to join them.