Secular Humanism is a school of thought that thinks reason and logic should be used to promote social justice and provide reasons for why we should be ethical and obey laws rather than rely on God.
The Principle of Harm for example asks why do we have make laws? Why to protect both the individual and society from harm. Balancing the needs of the individual and society often come into conflict based on who has the greater need and at what point do you draw the line?
But the basic idea is you must first show a harm to an individual or society before you make a law restricting others actions.
Secular Humanists ask who cares if Gays get married how does this harm me or society?
Gays are Deviant Horn Dogs they can’t control their sexual impulses plus ickk!
Fine lets test your theories by reviewing the facts. Since San Francisco is the Gay capital of America we could expect to see more Rape and more Child Molesting in that city and in California as a whole yes? If your theory is true.
Damm well Straight! When Jesus comes back he is going to sodomize the Sinners with Nukes! They don’t believe in Jesus! They believe in man on dog.
The rate of rape in San Francisco is .16 per 1,000 the average rate of rape in America is .27 per 1,000.
The ratio of number of residents in San Francisco to the number of sex offenders is 1,334 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
California has 198 registered sex offenders per 100,000 the US average is 235 per 100,000.
Interesting facts of note Utah home of Moralizing Mormon Mitt has 255 registered sex offenders per 100,000. Texas home of George Bush has 289, Virginia where Rick Santorum, Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell were born 242 per 100,000.
Lies Lies I know what I believe what you say can’t be true it can’t!
Look if you want to dispute the statistics by doing your own research or finding flaws in the research thats ok but you can’t call a person a liar just because they disagree with you.
You don’t know anything about Fundamentalists Christians do you? States where people are Godly, go to church and read the bible have less sex crime thats a fact. Anyone who says otherwise is a Commie, Secular Humanist, Liberal!
Hmmm off topic insight if being able to reason is proof that Man is better than the animals because we have evolved then maybe Darwin was wrong?
Hallelujah Brother the Lord is helping move you onto the path!
All Comedy aside look below at a list of Secular Humanist Principles and notice we tested bible views about Gays not having control of their sexual urges with reason and evidence. We did so seeking justice and fairness to build a better world one day.
But notice that religious belief trumps facts for the believers and these beliefs our the major obstacle to peace in the world.
According to the Council for Secular Humanism, within the United States, the term “secular humanism” describes a world view with the following elements and principles:
- Need to test beliefs – A conviction that dogmas, ideologies and traditions, whether religious, political or social, must be weighed and tested by each individual and not simply accepted by faith.
- Reason, evidence, scientific method – A commitment to the use of critical reason, factual evidence and scientific method of inquiry in seeking solutions to human problems and answers to important human questions.
- Fulfillment, growth, creativity – A primary concern with fulfillment, growth and creativity for both the individual and humankind in general.
- Search for truth – A constant search for objective truth, with the understanding that new knowledge and experience constantly alter our imperfect perception of it.
- This life – A concern for this life (as opposed to an afterlife) and a commitment to making it meaningful through better understanding of ourselves, our history, our intellectual and artistic achievements, and the outlooks of those who differ from us.
- Ethics – A search for viable individual, social and political principles of ethical conduct, judging them on their ability to enhance human well-being and individual responsibility.
- Justice and fairness – an interest in securing justice and fairness in society and in eliminating discrimination and intolerance.
- Building a better world – A conviction that with reason, an open exchange of ideas, good will, and tolerance, progress can be made in building a better world for ourselves and our children.